ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad with ILR while nationality application in process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Travel abroad with ILR while nationality application in process

Post by paradoxical » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi all,

I need some advice from the experts here.
My wife and son (born abroad, under 10 years old) have ILR and they have applied for nationality together, in September. We are planning to travel abroad for 3 weeks during the Christmas break..
My query is with regards to being in a situation if the naturalisation application gets decided while we are away...
I understand that my wife will be invited for a ceremony and unless that is not done, she is not going to be British, and her ILR will therefore remain valid (that's simple)..
However, as my son's application gets approved and we receive the decision, I assume that the becomes British from that point onwards ? And if so, then his ILR has become null and void..Is that correct? And if that is correct, how will we be able to return to UK....? Any thoughts?

vinny

Re: Travel abroad with ILR while nationality application in process

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:24 am

Hopefully, jb51214 may know the answers soon?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jb51214
Newly Registered

Re: Travel abroad with ILR while nationality application in process

Post by jb51214 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:37 pm

Hopefully, jb51214 may know the answers soon?
Thanks, I have now posted the update about my travel in british-citizenship/children-travelled- ... 22627.html.

Long story short, no questions asked at immigration and the BRPs still worked upon arrival to UK. I will return those to officials now.