ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Content of second letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Content of second letter

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:32 pm

Hi All

Below is the letter I received in May 2021 (originally applied in Jan 2020). Is this what is considered second letter?

"I am directed by Minister for Justice to refer to your application for naturalisation.

Your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statuary conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.

In general, it takes approximately 12 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date of decision is made. However, the nature of natusalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take considerable period of time. As a result, there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the normal to process.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister's decision on your application."

And after this letter in May 2021, i did not receive any correspondence. I have request for FOI last week and waiting for the same.

Could you guys suggest if I should go ahead and send a letter through lawyer at this stage or not?

Thank you

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Re: Content of second letter

Post by Eddie guo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:57 pm

We have the similar issue, applied o. Jan 2020, got the letter on oct 2020 waiting for the descion, no further notice since then. May i ask how do you sent the request through FOI, do you mind sent me Link, i m planing to do so, see any possible speed up the processing, thanks.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Hi

You fill the form and email them to foi@justice.ie, refer to this link

https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fr ... nformation

I also talked to a lawyer, he said he will do a warning letter for 200 euros, I will probably go for that once I receive my foi.

Good luck

coolgirl
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by coolgirl » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Hey was this letter the only letter you ever recieved. Got one after I applied in July 2020, dated August 2020 but have not recieved anything since.

coolgirl
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by coolgirl » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Also it came with the reciepts for the cheques.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 pm

This is the fourth letter I received

1. Feb 2020 acknowledgement letter
2. March 2020 application number (with receipt)
3. Jan 2021 more docs request
4. May 2021 this one

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:50 pm

Wording of the letter seems same like wording in acknowledgment letter, may be sent by mistake by the department.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:19 pm

tejinderss wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:10 pm
Hi

You fill the form and email them to foi@justice.ie, refer to this link

https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Fr ... nformation

I also talked to a lawyer, he said he will do a warning letter for 200 euros, I will probably go for that once I receive my foi.

Good luck
thanks.for your reply would you mind to share the Example what did you write the statement on the request the following records on the form, i m a little bit confuse, thanks