ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November applicants please post here-only timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sri_sunny

November applicants please post here-only timelines

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 am

Hello,

For those who are planning to file ur application this month, please post here. I've got an appointment this week at Bangalore VFS.

Here is quick check on my doc list. Please feel free to add some value if u want to especially on conversion factors with regards to earnings & MF

1) VAF 9
2) Appendix
3) Covering letter
4) Education proof
5) all supporting docs for previous earnings

I've been contracting in UK (conversion would be 1 obviously)
I've been contracting in India at 3 diff occasions for 1 month each and have taken last working days of each contract as the date of considering the xchange rate to arrive at the GBP equivalent

6) UK experience:

No additional docs, however given full details of earlier visa, entry & exit dates just to re-affirm that I was eligible to work

7) IELTS original test certificate

8) Bank statement covering 1st Aug to 31st Oct along with the letter from Branch manager confirming funds.

Xchange considered for MF is the date from Oanda as of yesterday which is my statement date and within 7 days prior to my application date.

Forgot to say about the self-assessment calculator which I would enclose...

I have classified every attributes into different sections and have drafted separate covering letters for each section.

Ofcourse my travel document, fees & biometric stuff would be apart from the above list.

Will photocopy all my docs for integra along with the form itself.

Planning to inform all my referees just as a courtesy call for them to be well aware of the verification likely to happen along with a scanned copy of the letter they issued....

Any suggestions? :)

vnvijay

Re: November applicants please post here-only timelines

Post by vnvijay » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:16 am

Hi sunny,

Good luck on your application!

Wat is the exchange rate are your taking ? Which bank do you have funds?

just wanted to ask you, incase if he BHC considers exchange rate as 90 do still qualify in the past earnings & MF.

if you want to be more secure, send out an e-mail Chennai & vfssouth asking them wat exchage rate u should consider & take a print of it & submit with your application.

Also give them your start date & end date of the past earnings & MF.

Thanks.
VJ
sri_sunny wrote:Hello,

For those who are planning to file ur application this month, please post here. I've got an appointment this week at Bangalore VFS.

Here is quick check on my doc list. Please feel free to add some value if u want to especially on conversion factors with regards to earnings & MF

1) VAF 9
2) Appendix
3) Covering letter
4) Education proof
5) all supporting docs for previous earnings

I've been contracting in UK (conversion would be 1 obviously)
I've been contracting in India at 3 diff occasions for 1 month each and have taken last working days of each contract as the date of considering the xchange rate to arrive at the GBP equivalent

6) UK experience:

No additional docs, however given full details of earlier visa, entry & exit dates just to re-affirm that I was eligible to work

7) IELTS original test certificate

8) Bank statement covering 1st Aug to 31st Oct along with the letter from Branch manager confirming funds.

Xchange considered for MF is the date from Oanda as of yesterday which is my statement date and within 7 days prior to my application date.

Forgot to say about the self-assessment calculator which I would enclose...

I have classified every attributes into different sections and have drafted separate covering letters for each section.

Ofcourse my travel document, fees & biometric stuff would be apart from the above list.

Will photocopy all my docs for integra along with the form itself.

Planning to inform all my referees just as a courtesy call for them to be well aware of the verification likely to happen along with a scanned copy of the letter they issued....

Any suggestions? :)

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks VNVijay

For MF I am using the xchange rate from oanda as on yesterday ie 1st November. I am holding account with SBI.

For previous earnings I am using rates on 15th Feb, 21st Mar & 2nd May which were my last working days for the all the 3 contracts I've been engaged with.

Tell me if this logic is right or do I have to speak to VFS?

Thanks again for your reply.

It can never be Rs.90 since it is the rate used by consulate for the purpose of deriving at equivalent of 600 pounds which is 54000 Rs since they cannot keep the visa charges floating.

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi sunny,

even i have also used the same logic. MF i am taking date of my application submitted & for past earnings i am taking last day of the claim period.

However, wat is your claim period?

VJ
sri_sunny wrote:Thanks VNVijay

For MF I am using the xchange rate from oanda as on yesterday ie 1st November. I am holding account with SBI.

For previous earnings I am using rates on 15th Feb, 21st Mar & 2nd May which were my last working days for the all the 3 contracts I've been engaged with.

Tell me if this logic is right or do I have to speak to VFS?

Thanks again for your reply.

It can never be Rs.90 since it is the rate used by consulate for the purpose of deriving at equivalent of 600 pounds which is 54000 Rs since they cannot keep the visa charges floating.

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32203

I have mailed BHC, they replied back saying xchange rate for MF is not based on OANDA, but based on BHC rate, which they fix once for a month, more details in the thread.
- Ramgsk

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 am

ramgsk,

Any clue regarding whats the conversion rate for the month for MF?

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:45 am

Hi sunny,
No info yet on that.

I sent them a mail yes'day requesting the same, they said they did not know it then.
Today morning sent them a mail again, did not get the response yet, sent a mail even now, let's see.

But, I think this is a concern, like people whose amounts are near to borderline cannot be assured to apply in the starting days of month unless they know this rate, and nowhere in the guidance did they mention that there would be such BHC rate which they use for MF.

Anyhow, would update the thread if I recieve any reply from BHC on that.
- Ramgsk

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 am

Hi sri_sunny,
They sent the reply back on MF conversion rate.
I am shocked to see such low rate, though I got in mail, I would like you to confirm it with a mail to BHC, would like you to update it on the thread for confirmation.
Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The conversion rate for the month of November is £1 = Rs 81.01.

Yours sincerely,

> UK Border Agency
> Visa Services
> Visa Support Officer
> Casework Section
> British Deputy High Commission,Chennai
d
- Ramgsk

manibvr
Newly Registered

Submitted Tier 1 General from U.K. From IGS..

Post by manibvr » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Friends,

Submitted my application for tier 1 general under full time study provision category on Oct 31st from U.K. with UK Masters and bank statements and previous earnings from India.. for 85 points... i have submitted on my own.. no body havent replied my 2 queries.. just viewed ... any hlp from this friend... sure i will guide... sm wht my case is different from others...

Just count Down started for me...

With PaySlips and IT Returns from India...

Rgrds
Mani

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:27 am

Hi VNVijay & ramgsk,

Called VFS yesterday reg xchange rate for MF and the info is in sync with BHC's mail recd by ramgsk posted at a different thread.

Now the only doubt on the reply from BHC is that whether is it 8101 INR/GBP is considered or is it the rate on the date of my application.

But the encouraging news is that the rate as per Oanda as on today is just over 77.

I am planning to print the oanda sheet dated 03rd November which is also my bank statement day.

Any suggestions?

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 am

Hi sri_sunny,

For Previous Earnings - OANDA conversion as on the last day of statement
For Maintenance Funds - though they say as on the date at which we apply, for a month it doesn't vary, so they only check if the date of application falls in Nov, then Nov rate

So, OANDA only for Prev Earnings
For MF, you can even quote BHC rate in your covering letter.
- Ramgsk

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:15 am

Finally I filed my papers yesterday...

Everything is fine except for photocopies of all the visa pages which I had never seen in VFS/BHC (or I missed to see).

Idea was to make the process asap but still this photocopying delayed...

next one was the integra form.... I had filled beforehand and the staff there insisted for another hand-written copy. After doing that he asked me to ignore the originally filled-in copy since it did not have pan no. field in it.

I had to strongly raise my concern since the older form was also given by VFS staff sometimes back. Dont expect any sensible answers!!!!!

Pl ensure to carry 1+2 of all the docs u carry (including 1 for yourself)...

The staff asked me for accommodation proof (should demanded) and I put my foot down and ask him whether he was too sure about asking this doc and asked him where in policy doc is it found?

Inspite of me saying that I have been living in UK for the last 2 years, he was insisting on 3 years tax document from India and I did not have a choice but to ask him whether he would accept the document without tax doc or not. I also have to say that this is not my first experience for filing an application for the visa. Finally he seemed to be convinced.

Well, not so pleasant experience......

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:09 am

Anyways, good to hear that you have filed your application.

VFS guys, most of the times they are less knowledgeable than a member in this forum.
- Ramgsk

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:01 am

Hello guys,

Is there anyone else filed their papers this month?

Pl post ur timelines.

Regards...

linsemon jose
Newly Registered

Post by linsemon jose » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:55 pm

hi all,
Applied on 24th.. nov..
Last edited by linsemon jose on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:35 pm

send me ur mail id?

I will forward.... regards

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am

Hi all
I have submitted my application Yesterday(12/11/2008) at Chennai VFS center. Experience was OK. They are insisting for Accomodation Proof and IT returns for 3 years. They just asked 1 copy of all the docs. Timelines they are saying is 3 weeks.. Iam sure it will take more than that. My special thanks to Ramgsk for helpingme out...
thanks

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:33 am

Friends,

I have applied for Tier 1 General along with my dependant on November 5th, 2008.
The initial online status has not yet changed...It shows "Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Comission 05/11/2008".

Fingers crossed, eager to know whats the result???!!!

Rgds,
SS100

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:18 am

Any other applicants this month?

varun.karkra
Newly Registered

Nov Applicant

Post by varun.karkra » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied on 7th of November from VFS Pune. Status is still the same, however the VFS called me today to fill the Integra form again. I had already filled it before.. not sure why they asked again...

fingers crossed :)

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm

hi all filed my application 2day. lets c whats stored in for me.

i am just concerned abt my maintenance stuff had cash deposited 3 months back in it. a gift from mom.
submitted an affidavit in that regard and account statement of mom.
only dicy point in application

lets c what happens

narsii

New Application Tier-1 General

Post by narsii » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Submitted on : 13 Nov 2008
VFS Center : VFS Bangalore
Application Status : Application forwarded to the BHC .

krisgop
Newly Registered

November new applicant

Post by krisgop » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi,

I have submitted the application today in VFS hyderabad.

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:21 am

i applied on 18th November and got my refrence number on same day.
came to my office after holiday 2day and surprized to find that they have done verification with both in my previous and new employers.

wish me luck.these are very tense moments

garimasharma
Newly Registered

Post by garimasharma » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:56 pm

my husband will apply from germany tomorrow on 21st nov.our fingers are also closed.hopefully he makes it up