ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants in UK Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependants in UK Spouse Visa Application

Post by Deefav » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Dear all,

Please i need your help in completing online UK spouse visa application (Appendix FM Partner). I am currently applying for spouse visa for my wife and one-year-old daughter who are outside the UK. My question is that do i need to apply separately for my daughter who is the dependant in this application?

The reason for asking is due to the information i found in the application which reads as follows: "Will these dependants be included in my application?" and the answer states "Information about these dependants will help us with your application but they will not be included in this visa application. They will need to apply separately if they want to be with you in the UK".

I have initially thought that dependants can be included as part of the spouse visa application but it seems that's not the case. Please any help in clarifying this will be appreciated.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependants in UK Spouse Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:30 pm

2 X applicants = 2 X separate application forms, both under Appendix FM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deefav » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deefav » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Am I completing the right application for our daughter? I have applied separately for my wife under Appendix FM Partner and have started FM Child application for my daughter. However, the questions sound as if it is for an adult applicant. For instance, it's asking for 2 years address history and also preferred language. Bearing in mind that my daughter is only one year old and still learning to talk, i'm wondering whether i'm completing the right application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 am

Deefav wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:06 pm
Am I completing the right application for our daughter? I have applied separately for my wife under Appendix FM Partner and have started FM Child application for my daughter. However, the questions sound as if it is for an adult applicant. For instance, it's asking for 2 years address history and also preferred language. Bearing in mind that my daughter is only one year old and still learning to talk, i'm wondering whether i'm completing the right application.
You are completing right form, questions generic and covering the full range till 18yrs as child. Answer the questions as best you can.

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deefav » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Thank you for your help.

qasimspp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by qasimspp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi Deefav
I am exactly in the same situation as you was. I will be grateful if you can share some answers.

1. what did you answer in 2 years Address history in child form as my daughter is just 1 year old.
2. And in language section.
3. Where they will ask for IHS fee for child will it be in my partner application or in my daughter application.
4.how much will it be.
5. In partner application form you said in finance section to the question for additional child or will there be a section in my child application form for finance

Regards

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deefav » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:42 pm

Hi All,

Just to inform you that my wife's and daughter's applications have been granted. I would like to thank CR001, AmazonianX and members of this forum for help and guidance. It's greatly appreciated.

Although my wife and daughter have been granted their entry clearance, there was no attached letter which should advise how and when to collect biometric card. Currently, I'm not sure whether to visit the post office for collection or not. Any ideas?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:44 pm

The brp needs to be collected within 10 days of them arriving. They need to attend the post office with the stamped passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deefav
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deefav » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:12 pm

Thank you very much.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:07 am

Deefav wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:42 pm
Hi All,

Just to inform you that my wife's and daughter's applications have been granted. I would like to thank CR001, AmazonianX and members of this forum for help and guidance. It's greatly appreciated.

Although my wife and daughter have been granted their entry clearance, there was no attached letter which should advise how and when to collect biometric card. Currently, I'm not sure whether to visit the post office for collection or not. Any ideas?
Let them get to post office as soon as possible after arrival in UK. Though there could be delays it gives you idea of positions of things.