ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to UK citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geeta624262
Newly Registered
India

Married to UK citizen

Post by geeta624262 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 pm

I came to UK to marry a British citizen on Marriage Visa. I married & went back to India.
Now I applied for a tourist visa again as I am yet to clear IELTS A1 test hoping to clear it when I am in the UK.

Visa is refused on flimsy grounds that I overstayed (although with UKBA permission due to Covid restrictions on travel). I did not overstay but stayed with proper approvals from Home Office.

Of course I will apply for spose visa after I clear it in India (will take a couple of months at least).

Since they refused visa my husband wants to complain to Home Office about refusal as the decision letter bars any appeals as we remain separated for a longer duration.

Can he make a complaint?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Married to UK citizen

Post by TODMATT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:19 pm

geeta624262 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 pm
I came to UK to marry a British citizen on Marriage Visa. I married & went back to India.
Now I applied for a tourist visa again as I am yet to clear IELTS A1 test hoping to clear it when I am in the UK.

Visa is refused on flimsy grounds that I overstayed (although with UKBA permission due to Covid restrictions on travel). I did not overstay but stayed with proper approvals from Home Office.

Of course I will apply for spose visa after I clear it in India (will take a couple of months at least).

Since they refused visa my husband wants to complain to Home Office about refusal as the decision letter bars any appeals as we remain separated for a longer duration.

Can he make a complaint?
He can make a complaint about it or apply for spouse visa and explain your situation in a cover letter to address the recent refusal although it won't affect future spouse visa applications.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.