ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint UK citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rbv79
Newly Registered
European Union

Joint UK citizenship application

Post by rbv79 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Hello lovely people,

Just wondering if we took the right decision by doing a joint application - in a sense that one may get a decision, but will need to wait for the other, so thus they can be able to be sent together, instead of being done in parallel.

My question is, from your experience, are the joint applications taking longer? Are the decisions sent together when all applicants are checked or the decisions are sent separated whenever are ready?

Any other details or experience you can share will be really helpful.

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Joint UK citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:00 pm

There are no joint or family type applications (though you can apply together) - each person's application is assessed individually. It's possible that applications are processed by different caseworkers/teams and decision letters may come separately. Applications are taking many months these days, sometimes faster than the 6 months advised, or even longer. Please follow the application timelines thread: british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2042094
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rbv79
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by rbv79 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi.

Many thanks for reply. Maybe it is not called specifically joint application, but I am main contact and it was one application for me, my wife and our children. They asked if for everyone would like to keep the same contact details (mine) and the submission was as one application (and one payment).
I already submitted the application back in September, but seeing now decisions in around one month (from biometrics submission, which we know that is the moment when HO is considering the application), asking myself if it would've been better to apply as separated applications.

Cheers

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:03 am

I am in a similar situation, family of 5. I applied mid August and still no response. I am not 100% sure that the comment above that each appliction is assessed without being related to other applications is accurate. For instanc, MN1 registeration under 3(1) is dependant on the fact that one of the parents is granted BC. So I imagine that the caseworker does parents first, then another one does the children. Moreover, I know a few families who applied before us, and all of them received all applicants decisions at the same time (although - sometimes - the outcome/decision was different for the same family members).

Brutes660
Nepal

Post by Brutes660 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi,
Thanks for this discussion

I along with my under 18 son applied together back in June 2021.
Today, my son has received the approval letter and his Citizenship certificate but haven't got mine yet.
So, I can only think like the previous comment that it's dealt by different case workers and the timeline would differ

rbv79
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by rbv79 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Thank you all for replies.
I guess the time will tell how it will be in our case, but your examples are very helpful.

Good luck with your application.

Brutes660
Nepal

Post by Brutes660 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Brutes660 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:32 pm
Hi,
Thanks for this discussion

I along with my under 18 son applied together back in June 2021.
Today, my son has received the approval letter and his Citizenship certificate but haven't got mine yet.
So, I can only think like the previous comment that it's dealt by different caseworkers and the timeline would differ
Udpdate :
Got the approval email today (22/11/2021) and an invitation to book for the ceremony. This could mean that approval was made on the same day for both me and my son.
Hope it helps.