ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee's Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Referee's Passport?

Post by gretnadawn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:20 am

Hi All
I am hoping to do the online application this weekend for my husband's citizenship, through marriage to me (a Brit)...The referee we were going to use, a local councillor, has just advised us that his British passport has been expired for a few years!
As it states the First referee must be the 'Holder of a British Citizen passport', not just a British citizen , does this now exclude him from being a referee?
He was going to be the one with the 'professional' standing, the second referee has a valid passport, but no qualifications
Our only other option is a 'retired financial advisor', who has professional qualifications
Any help as to whether we need another one would be appreciated

vinny

Re: Referee's Passport?

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:47 am

I suspect it doesn’t necessary exclude an expired current passport holder. If he’s unacceptable, then they will ask for another referee. Do let us know.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Re: Referee's Passport?

Post by gretnadawn » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Thanks Vinny....will do :)