ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother as a refugee

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Mother as a refugee

Post by mi_kon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:13 pm

Never thought I would have to ask for advice like this, but here we are. I reside in the UK with an indefinite leave to remain and I am on the path to applying for British citizenship next year.

The political situation in my home country is such that war is very likely to begin soon. My mother still lives there. She has visited me on a tourist visa in the past, but her British visa has already expired. In case, if the war is going to break out I would obviously want my mother to be with me. What are the options? Is there any way I can facilitate her getting a refugee status with an ILR? Would that improve if I get British citizenship? Should she get a valid tourist visa while it's still possible? Thanks in advance.

ellamoon45
Newly Registered

Re: Mother as a refugee

Post by ellamoon45 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi,

My advice would be for your mom to get her tourist visa regardless, and that would be the fastest way to fly here if war starts and from here apply for refugee status as soon as she comes through immigration but this will be only granted if her country is at war. Your status wouldn’t be consider as she will make her claim as a refugee not as a dependant.