ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pension options for Vietnamese spouse on 10 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jojo77m
Newly Registered
Scotland

Pension options for Vietnamese spouse on 10 year route

Post by jojo77m » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:07 am

Hi
I'm a UK national about 6 years through the 10 year route with my wife.
I have a pension that gets a 25% contribution from the government, can my wife get that? she's got NRPF on her visa but I think tax relief is not a public fund.

She's also a fulltime mother to our toddler so not working at the moment, she owns 50% of a house which we rent out so her pension deposits would come from there.

thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Pension options for Vietnamese spouse on 10 year route

Post by physicskate » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 am

jojo77m wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:07 am
Hi
I'm a UK national about 6 years through the 10 year route with my wife.
I have a pension that gets a 25% contribution from the government, can my wife get that? she's got NRPF on her visa but I think tax relief is not a public fund.

She's also a fulltime mother to our toddler so not working at the moment, she owns 50% of a house which we rent out so her pension deposits would come from there.

thanks
Are you sure this isn't just given as a tax refund? If she is not paying tax, she wouldn't get a refund. But no, this is not a public fund, as it is based on your making contributions...

secret.simon

Re: Pension options for Vietnamese spouse on 10 year route

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am

jojo77m wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:07 am
I have a pension that gets a 25% contribution from the government
From the description, it sounds like you have a private pension and you get a refund to the pension of the income tax that you would have paid on the investment into that fund (i.e. the contribution from your net income is upscaled to being a contribution from your gross income).

So I am not sure that any public funds are involved at all.

And as it is a private pension, your wife would be entitled to the appropriate payout to spouses.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.