ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport - Asked for a verification second/third time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

First British Passport - Asked for a verification second/third time

Post by ukgendep » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Hello,

I have applied for British passport on 28/10/2021. My identity was confirmed online by an accountant on 02/11/2021.
However, today I have received an email with subject ‘Ask someone to confirm your identity’.
I then asked my accountant to confirm the identify again but received the same email
Any idea what am I doing wrong?

secret.simon

Re: First British Passport - Asked for a verification second/third time

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:21 am

I think that suggests that you need to find another referee.

See this list of the requirements for referees who can confirm your identity for passport purposes.

Not only do they have to be a member of a recognised profession, they also need to have a British passport themselves and need to have known you personally for at least two years as a friend, neighbour or colleague. And they should not be related by birth, marriage or be living together with you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

inamulhaq10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inamulhaq10 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:13 pm

My friend in the same situation. Identity confirmed 3 times for him by 3 different referres and all are according to criteria.

Even after providing identity confirmation 3 times , he keeps the same email as below

"Ask someone to confirm identity. your application in on hold"

System glitch i suppose.

No answer from customer support or email sent 4 times. They say really busy.....

Just going in circles

inamulhaq10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inamulhaq10 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:14 pm

ukgendep wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Hello,

I have applied for British passport on 28/10/2021. My identity was confirmed online by an accountant on 02/11/2021.
However, today I have received an email with subject ‘Ask someone to confirm your identity’.
I then asked my accountant to confirm the identify again but received the same email
Any idea what am I doing wrong?
resolved for you or still same ??

Desi Boy
United Kingdom

Post by Desi Boy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:57 pm

Hi everyone I applied first British passport 2 weeks ago and received email from passport office documents received after that there is no update on my application I m very curious what's going on with my application.. Is it normal to wait for the any update

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:05 am

People urged to apply now for British passport
While all applications will be processed as quickly as possible, people should now allow up to 10 weeks when applying for their British passport to help manage this demand.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.