ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Critical Case for Tier 1 - Need Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Critical Case for Tier 1 - Need Advice

Post by fox2006eng » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm working in Egypt and willing to apply for tier 1 general, but I have two main problems regarding to the past earning prove:

1- I got my salary paid in cash not through the bank.

2- Tax system law: the tax office in Egypt deals with the companies as whole entities. I.e. each company calculates the due taxes for all its employees then reports to the taxes office. The tax office thereafter sends a deputy in order to validate the paid taxes. According to the laws, I can get a tax return income only from the company since I do not have a direct contact with the tax office and considering that each company pays the due taxes on its employees’ behalf. .

I tried to get an authentic letter stating such fact but as they mentioned this is a law and I can just refer to it. I have checked the articles that state such facts and here they are:

Article (14): Employers and those required to pay taxable revenues, including companies and projects established under the free zones regime, shall withhold, from the amounts payable and stipulated in article (9) of this law, an amount on account of the due tax, according to the percentage determined by the Executive Regulation of this law. They shall remit to the competent tax office within the first fifteen days of each month the payments withheld in the previous month.

Employers and those required to remit such revenue shall pay any tax differences due, without prejudice to their right to claim from the taxpayer what is owed.

Article (15): The person responsible for withholding and remitting the tax according to article (14) of this law shall:

1- Submit, to the competent tax office, a quarterly return in January, April, July and October of each year, using the form developed for such purpose.

2- Provide the employee, at the employee’s request, with a statement indicating full name, amount and type of income and amount of tax withheld. (this is the important part in the law, where it means the company can support the employer with a statement indicating full name, amount and type of income and amount of tax withheld).

Based on the above facts, I can get a tax income return from the employer ONLY; and based on the tier-1 guidelines then the employer letter and pay slips would be considered from the same source!!

However I can get a confirmation letter from third party (Certified audit Accountant Office) shows the previous earning (salary breakdown, gross/net), but I don't know if border agency can accept this letter as prove for past earning or not due to my case.

So far theses are the documents I managed to prepare:

1. Original bachelor degree certificate (gained from UK)
2. 12 original pay slips for the period (November 2007 - October 2008) signed and stamped.
3. A letter form the employer shows the salary breakdown gross/net signed and stamped.
4. Confirmation letter from third party certified audit accountant office, shows the previous earning (salary breakdown gross/net), signed and stamped.
5. Original Bank Statement for last 3 months (8, 9 and 10) for maintenance proves.
6. Letter from University. Shows that all of the taught courses and confirm that the instruction language was in English.
7. 1 x Passports passport.

points calculations
1- My age 26 (20 points).
2- Bachelor degree from UK (30 point).
3- Study/Work experience from UK (5 points).
4- Previous earning (20 points)
Total = 75 points

I just need to know is there is any possibility of success or not :roll: .

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fox2006Eng

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Advice

Post by fox2006eng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 am

I'm still waiting answer :(

thanks in advance

Best Regards

fox2006eng

sreblog

Re: Advice

Post by sreblog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 pm

fox2006eng wrote:I'm still waiting answer :(

thanks in advance

Best Regards

fox2006eng
I am not sure , but may be you can get a letter from employer stating how much you have earned for last 12months and also stating in letter that your salary was paid by cash , not via bank.

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Re: Advice

Post by fox2006eng » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm

sreblog wrote:
fox2006eng wrote:I'm still waiting answer :(

thanks in advance

Best Regards

fox2006eng
I am not sure , but may be you can get a letter from employer stating how much you have earned for last 12months and also stating in letter that your salary was paid by cash , not via bank.
thanks mate for your reply

i can get letter from my employer for last 12 months earnings + letter

stating the i get salary paid in cash, but on the tier-1 guidelines the

employer letter and pay slips are considered from the same source,

so do you think is there is any possibility to accept my documents or not?

thanks in advance

best regards

fox2005eng

s_saini
India

HI

Post by s_saini » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 am

I will rocmend you to contact BHC for your query...

Bcz only they will assist you on this query.....

Under tier1 Guidelines its clearly mention that Salary Slip + salary Certificate from employer will be not acceptable.

You have to contact them for your query.....

niw2
Member of Standing

Re: HI

Post by niw2 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:37 am

s_saini wrote:I will rocmend you to contact BHC for your query...

Under tier1 Guidelines its clearly mention that Salary Slip + salary Certificate from employer will be not acceptable.

Agreed. They are the ones who will be considering your application and probably have a system in place to overcome the difficulties you are facing.

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Re: HI

Post by fox2006eng » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:01 pm

s_saini wrote:I will rocmend you to contact BHC for your query...

Thanks for your reply

I have contacted the border agency already and they told me "you should

apply 1st ,where we can't give you the right answer, we want to see your

documents". :roll:

I would like to mention something about the previous earnings "if I’m

working as an engineer at a bank, so the payslips are from the bank, the

bank statement is from the bank and the employer letter is from bank.

In this case would the border agency consider these documents as if they

came from the same source or not

Thanks in advance

Best regards

fox2006eng

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:18 am

This issue has been raised before by another person who was also an employee of a bank. The answer is that they shouldnt consider them all as being from the same source; your wage slips and letter are issued by the bank as your employer (by its administration department), whereas your statements are issued by the bank as a financial institution. In other words, the different documents are issued by different departments of the same institution, and in different capacities.

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Post by fox2006eng » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:53 am

niw2 wrote:This issue has been raised before by another person who was also an employee of a bank. The answer is that they shouldnt consider them all as being from the same source; your wage slips and letter are issued by the bank as your employer (by its administration department), whereas your statements are issued by the bank as a financial institution. In other words, the different documents are issued by different departments of the same institution, and in different capacities.
thanks mate for your reply.

however, what do you think if i get letter from the certified audit

accountant by the company stating the break down "gross and net"

salary, which audit accountant is a different source (third party), in this

situation, is it possible to accepted this letter as a proof of past earning or

not ?

thanks in advance.

best regards,

fox2006eng

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:05 am

Accountant will loose practising certificate + criminal proceeding

fox2006eng
Newly Registered

Post by fox2006eng » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Accountant will loose practising certificate + criminal proceeding
why ?

regards,

fox2006eng