ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage in UK and settlement after

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shiprac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Marriage in UK and settlement after

Post by shiprac » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:06 am

Good morning everyone, :D

I am an Indian citizen , who is looking to marry and settle in the UK, with an Italian citizen (who has a pre-settled status). He is currently a student but from June he will start a permanent job in the UK, so we wish to marry and be together before that. :)

From what I have seen, I would need a fiance visa than a marriage visa , so may I please know what kind of documents I need to apply for the fiance visa? A checklist maybe?

Thanks very much in advance!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage in UK and settlement after

Post by TODMATT » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:49 am

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa read this

You need evidence of intention to get married here in the UK.

In terms of meeting the financial threshold, he will need to be earning £18,600 which means if he started working permanently in June, he will need to be employed for at least 6 months to be consider under Category A depending on whether he is salaried or unsalaried.

Read financial requirement here especially page 19 and 21

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

shiprac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shiprac » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:11 am

Thank you so very much for your response! :D
We had another option in mind - to marry in India and I can apply to join him in the UK after June once he starts his permanent job. I have seen that I would need a family permit . But if my partner is an EU citizen who has pre-settled status, then after registering our marriage in India can I apply to the EU settlement scheme directly instead ? (https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ligibility)
Or should I apply for the permit, then apply for the scheme instead?
Look forward to your response, have a great day!! :)

Br28016-1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Br28016-1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:16 pm

My understanding of the EU settlement scheme option is that you needed to be married or in settled relationship with appropriate evidence at the 31st December 2020. Worth dropping the question in the EU settlement folder to see if someone with better knowledge can provide evidence to the contrary or some ideas.

We switched from UK spouse visa route to EU settlement scheme but had been married before end 2020.

shiprac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shiprac » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Thank you very much for your reply! I have posted the question where you have mentioned.
Thanks a lot