ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel during naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zedoak
Newly Registered
Zambia

travel during naturalisation application

Post by Zedoak » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:30 am

Hi,

my mother submitted her naturalisation application on 16/10/21 and her biometrics were on 28/10/21. I would like to find out if her application would be affected if she were to travel out of the UK in December for a month or two? Would these days count towards her absence? She is the spouse of a British citizen and spent 80 days out of the UK in the 12 months prior to applying.

Thank you in advance for any and all responses.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: travel during naturalisation application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:52 pm

Naturalisation is not an immigration application - there are no travel restriction, except it might be a good idea to have the biometrics appointment before travelling, especially as currently we may be looking at travel restrictions. Absences after you have applied do not count - only absences up to the submission/paid date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.