ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Naric confirmation of a foreign degree

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tasha2709
Newly Registered
Israel

ILR - Naric confirmation of a foreign degree

Post by tasha2709 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:50 pm

Hello, I am not sure if this question was already asked/ answered on this forum: In February 2022 I will be preparing an ILR application (5 years, FLR(M)). The application requires a proof of English language proficiency. I have a NARIC confirmation from July 2019 stating the academic degree had been examined by NARIC and it meets the requirements for a C1 CEFR degree course. According to the gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/english-language/print), "an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification" is sufficient proof of the language proficiency. However, it remains unclear whether the NARIC confirmation from July 2019 is still acceptable in February/ March 2022, and also, whether or not there is a need for something called "an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from Ecctis confirming the degree was taught in English," in addition to the NARIC confirmation quoted above. Thank you very much for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Naric confirmation of a foreign degree

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:59 pm

tasha2709 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:50 pm
Hello, I am not sure if this question was already asked/ answered on this forum: In February 2022 I will be preparing an ILR application (5 years, FLR(M)). The application requires a proof of English language proficiency. I have a NARIC confirmation from July 2019 stating the academic degree had been examined by NARIC and it meets the requirements for a C1 CEFR degree course. According to the gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/english-language/print), "an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification" is sufficient proof of the language proficiency. However, it remains unclear whether the NARIC confirmation from July 2019 is still acceptable in February/ March 2022, and also, whether or not there is a need for something called "an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from Ecctis confirming the degree was taught in English," in addition to the NARIC confirmation quoted above. Thank you very much for your help.
What you have from NARIC in 2019 is acceptable as is. Indeed answered before as you thought. Only a change in name from NARIC post Brexit.

tasha2709
Newly Registered
Israel

Re: ILR - Naric confirmation of a foreign degree

Post by tasha2709 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Thank you very much AmazonianX. This is helpful. I really wasn't sure.