ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wow90
Ireland

First time passport application questions

Post by Wow90 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:49 am

Is it necessary to send our passport or can we send a certified copy instead?
Does the proof of name have to be exactly like in the birth certificate? Because none of my bills have my middle name
And the country where I'm from only provide a photocopy of my birth cert, but the passport office says it has to be original

MadImmG
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: First time passport application questions

Post by MadImmG » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 pm

I think for first-time applications they are looking for the original passport, but maybe someone else may know if a copy signed by a solicitor will suffice.

Proof of name doesn't have to match your full name like in your birth cert. Middle name is not necessary. I'd recommend attaching proof of name and any documentation from a government institution, such as Revenue.

Your country of origin should have given you a certified copy of your birth cert (it is probably stamped or have a code/link for online validation). That's fine. Just remember to attach a certified translation if the cert is not in English.

Wow90
Ireland

Re: First time passport application questions

Post by Wow90 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:33 pm

Thanks!

I managed to get my embassy to write an email which I print and sent with the docs saying that the birth certificate even though is a copy is a valid one and the only type my country provides. It has been translated, certified and how to validate online. So that should be enough hopefully