ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeframe for biometrics

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nickmpco

timeframe for biometrics

Post by nickmpco » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:37 pm

Hi There,

My wife is applying for ILR, and I have just submitted my application for British Citizenship. After submitting my application, I was asked to enrol for biometrics and there were no appointments in my city or in any nearby cities in all of December. The only options are paid appointments several hours away.

My wife will be applying using priority service, where she can receive a decision within 5 working days of attending a UKCVAS appointment. After she pays and submits her application, how long does one have to attend the biometrics appointment when using priority service? It's quite possible, for example, that it would take more than a month to get an appointment in our city. Will this delay in biometric enrolment create any problems with the priority service?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: timeframe for biometrics

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Priority service is a visa/immigration processing service from UKVI. It is NOT offered for nationality applications at all as nationality applications are NOT immigration applications.

Priority visa service has NOTHING to do with your biometrics appointment enrolment process. This is a separate process via the third party UKVCAS. UKVCAS has its own centre capacity and appointment availability depends on how busy they are. UKVCAS offers both free and paid appointments.

You are expected to enrol your biometrics within 45 days of applying online

UKVI will ONLY process an application after your biometrics are enrolled. So a priority visa service timeframe applies only AFTER the biometrics are enrolled.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice