ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Minor Application- Birth Certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cp24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

OCI Minor Application- Birth Certificate

Post by cp24 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:55 pm

hello, I will really appreciate if someone who applied for OCI Recently can give me an answer. My Daughter is UK born(2021) and holds British birth certificate and I am going to Apply for her OCI.

Did you get Birth Certificate Apostilled ? If yes, then how and where did you get it?

Thanks.

srsw

Re: OCI Minor Application- Birth Certificate

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Not needed, they'll just take the original birth certificate along with other originals, etc. You'd have to upload a scanned copy online and also submit a photocopy of the full UK birth certificate.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:21 pm

Its good to have an apostilled birth certificate handy when dealing with Indian authorities in India. I then have it counter certified by the Indian consultate. Never had a problem in India with govt official in India.

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Hi,
I have a similar question on apostilled birth certificate. I am applying for my daughter's OCI - she was born in the UK in Oct 2021 and immediately got British Passport. Both me and my wife got British passport and OCI in 2020.
I am applying at Goswell Road, London on Wed 12 Jan for daughter's OCI and my query was if her birth certificate needs to be apostilled.

Please suggest if this needs to be done.

Thank you,
Anand

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:37 am

anandb wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 pm
Hi,
I have a similar question on apostilled birth certificate. I am applying for my daughter's OCI - she was born in the UK in Oct 2021 and immediately got British Passport. Both me and my wife got British passport and OCI in 2020.
I am applying at Goswell Road, London on Wed 12 Jan for daughter's OCI and my query was if her birth certificate needs to be apostilled.

Please suggest if this needs to be done.

Thank you,
Anand
Thats required as per list of documents so better not to take a chance. For minors having held Indian passport / citizenship prior its different.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am

Thank you