ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 children, only applying for 1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pilgrimme
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

3 children, only applying for 1

Post by Pilgrimme » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:06 am

Hi,
I want to make sure this isn't a problem
We are applying from outside UK
We are moving as a family together to the UK
I am the British citizen.

I plan to apply for a spouse visa for my wife, and a child visa for my son only (15y)
But for my 2 older daughters (17 and 19 years) I will not apply. They will temporarily visit us using their EU passports, for a few months, then go to Europe to live and attend university.

1. Is this fine?
2. Do I need to still show the daughters on the spouse application form as dependent children, both of my wife and of me, the sponsor. (they are currently dependent but are leaving home next year)
3. They will probably fly on the same flight as us, but enter the uk in their own capacity as EU nationals, as on a tourist visa. The spouse form asks, "is this dependent traveling with you to the UK?"... And I intend to answer No, since they're not "with her" as dependents.

Thanks so much. I've searched low and high for these answers.

Br28016-1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: 3 children, only applying for 1

Post by Br28016-1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Not sure on where you are living but if in EU then might be worth checking EU settlement scheme. Likewise not enough info to tell whether you have the opportunity to apply late or can meet the timelines. Can try posting with more details there to see if get better advice in qualifying. Would also cover the other children if possible. That said time is I believe short

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ligibility

Who has a later deadline to apply
For some people, the deadline of 30 June 2021 does not apply. This is true if you’re one of the following:

a family member of a British citizen who you lived with in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein - you must have lived with them in that country by 30 December 2020, and returned to the UK with them

If you’re applying as a family member of a British citizen who you lived with in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you must apply by 29 March 2022.

1. Is this fine? I believe it is. Number of people only bring some of children
2. Do I need to still show the daughters on the spouse application form as dependent children, both of my wife and of me, the sponsor. (they are currently dependent but are leaving home next year). I believe yes you should list
3. They will probably fly on the same flight as us, but enter the uk in their own capacity as EU nationals, as on a tourist visa. The spouse form asks, "is this dependent traveling with you to the UK?"... And I intend to answer No, since they're not "with her" as dependents. Do run risk if coming with you that they could be refused entry. Would need to plan evidence trail to cover. Better if entered separately.

Br28016-1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Br28016-1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Not sure on where you are living but if in EU then might be worth checking EU settlement scheme. Likewise not enough info to tell whether you have the opportunity to apply late or can meet the timelines. Can try posting with more details there to see if get better advice in qualifying. Would also cover the other children if possible. That said time is I believe short

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ligibility

Who has a later deadline to apply
For some people, the deadline of 30 June 2021 does not apply. This is true if you’re one of the following:

a family member of a British citizen who you lived with in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein - you must have lived with them in that country by 30 December 2020, and returned to the UK with them

If you’re applying as a family member of a British citizen who you lived with in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you must apply by 29 March 2022.

1. Is this fine? I believe it is. Number of people only bring some of children
2. Do I need to still show the daughters on the spouse application form as dependent children, both of my wife and of me, the sponsor. (they are currently dependent but are leaving home next year). I believe yes you should list
3. They will probably fly on the same flight as us, but enter the uk in their own capacity as EU nationals, as on a tourist visa. The spouse form asks, "is this dependent traveling with you to the UK?"... And I intend to answer No, since they're not "with her" as dependents. Do run risk if coming with you that they could be refused entry. Would need to plan evidence trail to cover. Better if entered separately.

Pilgrimme
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Pilgrimme » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Thank you for your reply Br28016-1
We live in South Africa, so we don't qualify for any EU settlement benefit.
This will be a standard spousal visa plus 1 dependent.
The other 2 children have dual nationality as EU in addition to their South African passports, so they will use that passport to visit the uk.