ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change the place of my ceremony?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Can I change the place of my ceremony?

Post by sasmskr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:02 pm

Hello there!

I have just received an email from the Home Office stating my British citizenship has been approved. The email is also a Citizenship ceremony invitation.

It says that I should contact "London Sutton Council" to arrange my citizenship Ceremony, however, I live in "London Lewisham" and Lewisham also offers citizenship ceremonies.

I can't remember a specific point where I could choose Sutton, however, I think that when I was looking at places in London that were the only borough that came out.

I just wanted to ask what I should do now. Am I bound to have my ceremony in Sutton or can I change it to Lewisham?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I change the place of my ceremony?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:05 pm

To change it, you have to inform the council and UKVI. The council then sends the cert back to UKVI, who then take a while to send it out again. It can take substantially longer to do this and be delayed, than to simply attend in Sutton.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by sasmskr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:22 pm

That's what I thought. I don't mind attending Sutton as the journey seems to be straightforward for me.

Are there any implications of me attending the ceremony in a different borough or it doesn't really matter except the travel?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:23 pm

It makes no difference where you attend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.