ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status of citizenship applications that is not acknowledged yet

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Status of citizenship applications that is not acknowledged yet

Post by mentalmind » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:05 pm

There is a huge backlog for citizenship applications for 2021, I believe nowadays they are sending acknowledge letters for applications that got received around August 2021 (totally my observation, no official info). My question would be, for the applications that get their passport back with missing acknowledge and missing payment receipt. Does it mean application is accepted but not processed yet or is there a possibility of application to get instant refusal still? (Like 6 weeks continuous residence rule not met, or wrong form is sent, or not enough resident days in calculator etc)

So I am wondering are we just waiting for the letter for application to get official or is there still possibility/risk of instant refusal? I know final decision might take 23 months or so, just asking for the instant refusal reasons that I mentioned above.

Would anyone have any info about it?

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: Status of citizenship applications that is not acknowledged yet

Post by OneWorld2122 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Not an expert but as per the official website :

Also, in exceptional circumstances, such as the Covid-19 pandemic, there may be delays in acknowledging receipt of applications.

However, once your application form is processed, we will send you an acknowledgement letter confirming your Application Reference Number and will include a receipt for your Application Fee of €175.