ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7- Day Rule confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edocohen
Newly Registered

7- Day Rule confusion

Post by edocohen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 am

Hi All
some background info

I (a Colombian) have been in the UK since the first of November 2006. I was on an HSMP Visa for two years.
In July 2008 I got married with a non-EU woman.
In Sep 2008 I applied, in light of the High Court Judgment of April the 8th, successfully for an extension and got my Visa extended for 3 additional years as Tier 1 (general) Migrant.

I would like to bring my wife to the UK as my dependent.

She is applying ONLINE from outside the UK.
My problem is concerning the 7 day rule.

I got a notice by email that my online bank statement had been issued today, 04 Nov. If I get the letter from the bank on Sat, 08 Nov, and get the bank to stamp the online statements on that same day, i.e. 08 Nov, and my wife's date for submitting the biometric data in the embassy is on the 13 of Nov. Would we be safe? Are we within the 7 day rule?

I really need your help.

Thanks in advance

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:26 am

edocohen:

They will look at the date of your bank statement - 4 Nov. If the application is submitted on 13 Nov it will fall outside the 7 day limit.