ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Income for SET M?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bigboy
Newly Registered

Proof of Income for SET M?

Post by bigboy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi, im in the process of completing a set m application for my wife.

Now, Im self employed and at this moment my wage is varied roughly around £600 / £700 per month.

Where the form asks how much do you earn per month, i will be putting £700 - but i was thinking - would it be better if i asked my accountant to write me a letter confirming this...? just to add into the paperwork,

as there is no proof i earn that much as i dont give myself wage slips etc..

Please advise...

rafzaf4eva

Re: Proof of Income for SET M?

Post by rafzaf4eva » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 pm

bigboy wrote:Hi, im in the process of completing a set m application for my wife.

Now, Im self employed and at this moment my wage is varied roughly around £600 / £700 per month.

Where the form asks how much do you earn per month, i will be putting £700 - but i was thinking - would it be better if i asked my accountant to write me a letter confirming this...? just to add into the paperwork,

as there is no proof i earn that much as i dont give myself wage slips etc..

Please advise...
its best if your accountant makes u wage slips otherwise they have a good excuse to refuse it because financial is the main thing they look at..

bigboy
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 am

thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 am

its best if your accountant makes u wage slips otherwise they have a good excuse to refuse it because financial is the main thing they look at..
Wage slips? Clearly not, bigboy is self-employed!

But a letter from the accountant about the level of profit cannot do any harm.

bigboy, with that level of earnings, you are claiming Tax Credits? Or is your wife working, meaning that the family income is too much for Working Tax Credits? But if any children in the fmaily, no doubt Child Tax Credits are being claimed?
John

bigboy
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:30 pm

thanks,

i got a letter from my accountant stating the amount im expected to earn this year as iv only become self employed this year.

well iv sent off the ilr now so i'll just have to wait and see,

fingers crossed.