ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS child got pre-settled status, father with settled

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

okli
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EUSS child got pre-settled status, father with settled

Post by okli » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi,

I got settled status under EUSS in 2019, based on the ILR received in 2007. EU citizen, living in EU past few years, but visiting UK quite often.
Our baby was born in an EU country Jan. 2020 and haven't been in the UK yet.
Aplied for her under EUSS from outside UK, from EU country in Apr. 2021 providing my HO reference numbers for the settled status, but she received pre-settled status in Aug.2021.

My understanding was that she should have gotten
settled status.

Can you please advise if settled status was the right one to get and what can be done now if that's the case, given we are past the 28 days deadline for administrative review?
Does the fact that she was born outside UK and haven't been in the UK yet changes the status, even if parent has settled status?

Thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: EUSS child got pre-settled status, father with settled

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:27 pm

Yes Settled status was indeed the right one. They clearly made a mistake in this regards.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors