ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship-ceremonies time -3 or 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Citizen Ceremony booking - Hounslow Council

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:42 am

Hi All,

I have got my citizen ceremony invitation letter where it says my naturalisation application is approved and have to book for ceremony in my council.

I tried to explore how to book but could not find any direct number to call and book. There was an email where they have asked to send details and they will get back within 10 working days. I did that afterwards.

After more research I found a Hounslow councils number for this and called them but it straightaway goes to voicemail and again same message saying ‘drop us an email and will get back to you’.

Is email the only way to request citizen ceremony booking? Can’t we phone them and get it booked?

Please help.

Thanks

Subha100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizen Ceremony booking - Hounslow Council

Post by Subha100 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:31 am

Hey,
How does it went thru-iam also in same postion -emailed and wating for last 15 days .Hounslow council

Thanks
Su

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: citizenship-ceremonies time -3 or 6 months

Post by Skybird27 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi
i am also waiting since 20th Dec not sure i will get a call before xmas? Did you hear any thing. I will update here if i hear from them, apparently there no number to speak to them, email is only source.

Subha100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Subha100 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:50 am

There is no way to reach them -i will update if i hear from them

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:45 pm

they are open till 1630 on Friday, lets see if we get any response otherwise its would be in new year probably. I can see on forums most of people attending ceremonies within a week of receiving approvals.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 am

For citizenship ceremony there is no direct phone call to reach them. We need to email and wait for their call, make sure you did not miss the call. Not sure if they try call in again or not.

I wrote them an email on 8th Oct with all the details and they called me on 18th oct and they gave me 5th Nov as ceremony date. I think for me it was quick.

If you all did not get a call in 10-15 days then it might be due to increased covid cases as well as festival holidays.

I think you all can wait

Skybird27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Skybird27 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:01 am

amit_sharma90 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 am
For citizenship ceremony there is no direct phone call to reach them. We need to email and wait for their call, make sure you did not miss the call. Not sure if they try call in again or not.

I wrote them an email on 8th Oct with all the details and they called me on 18th oct and they gave me 5th Nov as ceremony date. I think for me it was quick.

If you all did not get a call in 10-15 days then it might be due to increased covid cases as well as festival holidays.

I think you all can wait
Thanks for sharing you experience..i got a call from council yesterday. Free ones not available until march so booked a private ceremony in last week of Jan.