ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rodm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

IHS Refund

Post by rodm » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:48 am

Hi,

I had my visa granted on 16-Mar-2021 for 1 year.

Due to a job change I applied again and got the visa granted on 24-Jul-2021 for the same period.

Since the IHS for that period was already paid on the first visa granted, I believe the amount paid on the second application should be refunded.

I called 0300 790 6268 several times and every time they say there was an issue and the payment should be made in 5 working days. Today I called again and they asked me to email complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Is this common or am I missing something?

thanks

kirukiru
India

Re: IHS Refund

Post by kirukiru » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:32 pm

i am in the same boat.. so did you change job sponsor and asking for refund of overlapping period of IHS right ?

rodm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by rodm » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:04 am

Yes, exactly

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:25 pm

If one switches visa during the lifetime of another visa, I believe that there is no refund of either the main fees/charge or any associated surcharge (such as the IHS).

But of course I could be wrong. Somebody could make email foirequests@homeoffice.gov.uk with an appropriate FoI request.

Remember to keep the FoI request general; something on the lines of "What is the refund policy for ...", rather than "I applied for a Skilled Worker visa, etc". The former is an FoI request, the latter a DPA request and the two are treated differently and likely by different teams.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by portosru » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:29 pm

Switched almost instantly from Tier 3 skilled worker 3 years to GTV 2 years. Did not get the refund automatically. After 6 weeks gave them a call. They escalated and asked for another 2 weeks. After that called them again with ref number of the case. They asked for ihs payment confirmation number( the first payment). In three days got the refund for 2,5 years.
The phone number is in the guidance refered and linked in previous posts.
Hope this helps.