ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for my mothers immigration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr84

Can I apply for my mothers immigration

Post by ilr84 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:09 am

Hi,

I am a British citizen fully employed and paying taxes, my question is, Can I apply for my mother's settlement visa?

the situation is all my other siblings are married and now have left the country (Pakistan), some in Canada and one in the USA, my mother is alone in Pakistan, she has been to the UK many times on a Visit visa, but is there any category I can apply for my mother's settlement here in the UK? if yes what category and Visa it would be? thanks.

Regards,
Sami

secret.simon

Re: Can I apply for my mothers immigration

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Answered many times before on these forums.

Broadly speaking, the Adult Dependent Relative visa is one of the hardest visas to get.

The applicant must prove that
(a) the applicant needs help with basic functions such as bathing, washing, etc, AND,
(b) that such help is either not available or unaffordable in their country of habitual residence.

Given that the cost of living in Pakistan is lower than that of the UK, you would almost certainly be able to afford such help in Pakistan at a much lower cost than in the UK.

The refusal rate of the visa after appeals is about 80% (before appeals, about 94%).

And failure will also mean the end of her ability to get a visit visa in the future, as she has declared an intention to be resident in the UK, not just a visitor.

If you have siblings in Canada, they may want to look at sponsoring your mother on a Supervisa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ilr84

Re: Can I apply for my mothers immigration

Post by ilr84 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:36 pm

Thanks.