ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - global talent route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

youcef410428
Algeria

Citizenship - global talent route

Post by youcef410428 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:07 am

Hello everyone

I have ILR after spending 3 years in exceptional talent visa.

My question is: am I eligible for citizenship after holding the ILR for 12 months or I need to wait for another year to meet the condition of 5 years living in UK.

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship - global talent route

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:43 am

Per guidance 5 years is the minimum if not married to a British citizen, or 3 years if married to BC.
There seem to be no exceptions in the guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _final.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

youcef410428
Algeria

Post by youcef410428 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:44 am

Thanks a lot for the clarification

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:33 pm

It is worth keeping in mind that naturalisation is not a part of the immigration pathway, which ends at ILR, but is a different, separate process that has its own independent laws, rules and requirements.

One of the requirements, which is mandatory, is that you were physically present in the UK exactly five/three years (depending on whether you are married to a British citizen) before the date of the naturalisation application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.