ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking/rebooking UKVCAS appointments and the IDV app invite

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Picard
United Kingdom

Booking/rebooking UKVCAS appointments and the IDV app invite

Post by Picard » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:08 pm

Does anyone have experience with booking/rebooking free appointments?

If I book an appointment with UKVCAS, can I still receive the invite to use the IDV app? Would one prevent the other?

Can I also cancel the appointment and rebook it for later?

The free appointments are going quick and from what I see it takes about a month to get one. I don't want to miss my deadline. From the UKVCAS website news, from 21st Dec the app is avail. broadly, I can get the IDV app invites for up to 10 working days and that I should contact them after 14 days if I won't get any emails.

Thanks
P.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Booking/rebooking UKVCAS appointments and the IDV app invite

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:58 am

Picard wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:08 pm
Does anyone have experience with booking/rebooking free appointments?

If I book an appointment with UKVCAS, can I still receive the invite to use the IDV app? Would one prevent the other?

Can I also cancel the appointment and rebook it for later?

The free appointments are going quick and from what I see it takes about a month to get one. I don't want to miss my deadline. From the UKVCAS website news, from 21st Dec the app is avail. broadly, I can get the IDV app invites for up to 10 working days and that I should contact them after 14 days if I won't get any emails.

Thanks
P.
What are you applying for?

Free appointments are on every 9AM everyday for the next 28 days in advance.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:54 pm

The application is for FLR(m) extension, after the initial 2.5 years FLR(m), so they already have all the biometric data. The main part here is about the IDV app.

I'm waiting for the email from UKVCAS to say "Download the IDV app now" and if I won't get it within 14 days, then I will email them.

The question is if I can book the free appointment now and cancel it once/if I get the IDV app invite. If I book ahead, would it cause any issues e.g. not getting the IDV app invite?

Thanks

zippy1510
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by zippy1510 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 am

Hello- Applied for a passport ILR to BRP transfer last week. Received an email saying I am being assessed to see if I can use the IDV app and I would not be able to book an in person appointment until they contact me again. I have never submitted biometrics so surely this means I will not be able to use the app and therefore I am wasting time waiting for them to see that? I can go onto the in person appointment booking system but I can never find an appointment- paid or free despite logging in at midnight, 1 am and 9 am. Are the appointments hidden until they get back to me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated- my employment is in danger if I cannot get this sorted.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 am

zippy1510 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 am
Hello- Applied for a passport ILR to BRP transfer last week. Received an email saying I am being assessed to see if I can use the IDV app and I would not be able to book an in person appointment until they contact me again. I have never submitted biometrics so surely this means I will not be able to use the app and therefore I am wasting time waiting for them to see that? I can go onto the in person appointment booking system but I can never find an appointment- paid or free despite logging in at midnight, 1 am and 9 am. Are the appointments hidden until they get back to me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated- my employment is in danger if I cannot get this sorted.
It appears your answer lies in the post above. See highlighted.
How come never submitted biometrics before...holding your ILR status for long?