ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship fee for Northern Ireland or outside Ireland residents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thaid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship fee for Northern Ireland or outside Ireland residents

Post by Thaid » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi

On the ainis website clearly states that the draft must be done through an Irish bank
But
I don't have an account at one
Citizens ie states that we don't be account holders but no bank is accepting that
My final option is to use post office but it's not being mentioned on the website
I just want to know apart from one case from 2019 listed on here, has anyone else paid using the post office in Ireland, recently?

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship fee for Northern Ireland or outside Ireland residents

Post by littlerr » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:22 pm

Did they specifically ask you to send payments by bank draft rather than simply pay online?

nisi
Ireland

Re: Citizenship fee for Northern Ireland or outside Ireland residents

Post by nisi » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:59 pm

I don't think there are any grounds to apply to naturalise from outside Ireland, so the question really is solely about Northern Ireland. I paid my fees from Northern Ireland recently (in August). I found a friend with a Danske Bank current account, and went into a branch with them and got them to apply for a Euro Bankers Draft. The staff in the Donegall Square West branch new the procedure, and told me they'd been issuing a lot of them for citizenship applications recently, after Brexit.

The draft is posted out within a day or 2 and does come issued from Danske Bank's Dublin office (even though someone in the branch told me otherwise!). It doesn't come from the name of the person holding the account (and the money leaves their account when the draft is issued, not when it's finally deposited), so it doesn't matter that it was issued from someone else's account.

If you don't know anyone with a Danske Bank account, it's not difficult to apply for one online (takes a week or 2), which I've done because I thought I'd need it for the final payment, although I've heard on here that that payment is now being taken online, so maybe it isn't required for that anymore?