ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Register - Don't know any suitable witnesses

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scotialed
Newly Registered
Scotland

Foreign Birth Register - Don't know any suitable witnesses

Post by scotialed » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 am

Hey there,

Pretty simple issue as described by the subject. I am applying for Irish citizenship through the Foreign Birth Register and I don't know anyone who matches one of the professions listed in the application to act as a witness. I am at a loss what to do.

I have quite severe mental health issues and am not in touch with any family except my brother. I don't have any friends or know anyone who could help.

I don't have much money but I'd be happy to pay someone (legally of course) if they could help.

Does anyone have any advice what to do? I have been waiting a long time until applications have opened again and it took me a while to save the money for the application. I am just so frustrated this is the only thing holding me back from progressing.

Thanks for any replies or help.

corky100
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Register - Don't know any suitable witnesses

Post by corky100 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:37 pm

You can try a solicitor, many do it for 10 quid etc. However, mention that they are just certifying a true copy of an original, nothing more. Don't mention Passport, I'll explain more.

Many solicitors will not touch someone who isn't an existing client, and as soon as you say "passport", think of the UK Passport rule requiring you to have personally known for 2 years, and refuse.

Failing that, a Notary Public will do it, for ££££.

ashconnor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Register - Don't know any suitable witnesses

Post by ashconnor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:37 am

Your GP should do it.