ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application form issue

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fatcat123
Newly Registered
France

Citizenship application form issue

Post by fatcat123 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:04 am

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for citizenship this month. After they updated some requirements of the passport and pointy system, they also updated the form 8 accordingly, it looks very confused and like an unprofessional work has been done by someone.

However, I noticed that the form 8 that they uploaded, I believe that it could be a mistake, as the file still looks like a draft, you can see their comments of what font size, what changes made, and the alignment of the form is so bad. You can even see the name of the immigration staff who edited this word document. It looks like someone just rushed through to update the website but uploaded the wrong file. Also, some links of the immigration website still has the old form and some has the new form... I also don't know why they would update it with a word document, technically anyone can edit the form in this case. This is such a big confusion for applicants.

I am very confused with this draft form and new point system. Would you suggest that I should wait for the updated form as they may realise this mistake and update it? Or would you submit it as it is?

It will be crazily expensive for this application as you need to certify every page of the passport copies.

In this case, don't even know if the point system info is final or not as it seems like a draft with Excel file. Thanks!

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... ion-forms/

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application form issue

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:29 pm

Wow, very very unprofessional :shock:

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:37 pm

And on top of that other forms (like form 9) are not updated at all

johnyak
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by johnyak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:35 pm

The form is fine, if you go to review and change 'tracking' to no markup.

fatcat123
Newly Registered
France

Post by fatcat123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:02 am

johnyak wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:35 pm
The form is fine, if you go to review and change 'tracking' to no markup.
Ya, I know that you can change to tracking mode to final version. However, all the space and alignment are wrong and messed up even in the final version.

Firstly, not every user has that kind of technical knowledge to do so. Would their applications got rejected if their application forms have those markups? We don't know, you may know after 23 months, haha.

Secondly, it is a gov department not a small business, why should users be the one to be confused and work on the form? We don't even know now if the form and information are finalised or even ready to be released to public as they only mentioned about passport rule changes in the news before. Kind of a data breach to be honest, you can see who edit this form and you can even find that person on social media.

Last but not least, not sure if there is any legal issue as technically anyone can modify the form now.

I hope that they will update the forms ASAP and make their website more consistent and clear. They put all the different categories and info of citizenship on the same page, you need to jump to different parts of the page to read for same category is not user-friendly and users are easy to miss some information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Form 8 should be updated now. I guess someone just made a mistake by uploading the wrong file.

davebecks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by davebecks » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Yes, it has just been updated now and a PDF is available.
Does anyone have an idea what "Department of Social welfare annual statement " means? How will I get any statement dated for the past 5 years now if I never had them earlier?

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:35 pm

At least for me this point system makes things more difficult. Lots of documents I used as proof of residency is not in this list (internet bills, letters related to my Stamp 1 and 4...). I don't have a car, credit card, gas supplier, medical insurance, never been to a doctor here...

They still point that you can send a Letter from Employment for example on the form but is not on the scorecard. :roll:

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juanpurple » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm

Letters from Revenue are not in the list, which at the end of the day it says that you're resident in the country. If you stay in a shared house were rent contract and bills were in other people's names, it's very hard to get to 150, unless you have a fish license (really?).

I think they brought this scorecard to make things even more difficult and therefore reduce the number of applications.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:49 pm

davebecks wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:14 pm
Does anyone have an idea what "Department of Social welfare annual statement " means? How will I get any statement dated for the past 5 years now if I never had them earlier?
I think this is for people who receive some sort of payment from the State
Since you need to go into post office and collect the money in person afaik, thats a good proof for them that you were here (and obvs that's government issued as well)
But I assume not many people on this forum will have it

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm
Letters from Revenue are not in the list, which at the end of the day it says that you're resident in the country. If you stay in a shared house were rent contract and bills were in other people's names, it's very hard to get to 150, unless you have a fish license (really?).

I think they brought this scorecard to make things even more difficult and therefore reduce the number of applications.

It does not look hard to score 150. P60 and bank statements 120 + rent 50 thats already 170.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:20 pm
juanpurple wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm

It does not look hard to score 150. P60 and bank statements 120 + rent 50 thats already 170.
Do a shared rent agreement separately with the person on the contract - proof of rent payment amount coming out from your bank account is your back up. Your bank statements and P60 from revenue will confirm your address anyway. Just sent your internet and phone bill as well. If they need more they will request.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:39 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:49 pm
davebecks wrote:
Since you need to go into post office and collect the money in person afaik, thats a good proof for them that you were here (and obvs that's government issued as well)
You can go on mywelfare.ie and request. If you never claim the annual statement will show that.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:43 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:39 pm
meself2 wrote:
davebecks wrote:
You can go on mywelfare.ie and request. If you never claim the annual statement will show that.
is it this one you're talking about?
https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics ... statement/

that's the thing, I doubt they'll be satisfied with an empty statement, which you'll get if you never got any money from State
but in lots of visas if you do get money from them - you're a burden
so it's pretty much out of reach for most applicants
Last edited by meself2 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:44 pm

mads32 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:35 pm
At least for me this point system makes things more difficult. Lots of documents I used as proof of residency is not in this list (internet bills, letters related to my Stamp 1 and 4...). I don't have a car, credit card, gas supplier, medical insurance, never been to a doctor here...

They still point that you can send a Letter from Employment for example on the form but is not on the scorecard. :roll:
P60 and bank statements 120 + rent 50 thats already 170.

Letter from Employment - is there #1 at 70 points.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:43 pm
NF13 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
davebecks wrote:

that's the thing, I doubt they'll be satisfied with an empty statement, which you'll get if you never got any money from State
so it's pretty out of reach for most applicants
They are looking at proving your identity and address. The fact is an empty statement is a strong point.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:11 am

How about child benefit ? The payment statement will show this.

Most of the kids in Ireland are qualified for this and parents will receive this (usually mothers). So, the question is if a mother received Child Benefit, will this have a negative impact on to her Citizenship Application?
NF13 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 pm
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:43 pm
NF13 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
davebecks wrote:

so it's pretty out of reach for most applicants
They are looking at proving your identity and address. The fact is an empty statement is a strong point.

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juanpurple » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:13 am

NF13 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:44 pm
mads32 wrote:

I am not sure where are you seeing that but the first item in the table is P60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments. There is no "Letter from Employment" as such in that table.

It says Letter from Employment in the form only under " If your application is based on marriage to or being the civil partner of an Irish citizen" but not in the other categories. That is very confusing.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:30 am

lovebino wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:11 am
How about child benefit ? The payment statement will show this.

Most of the kids in Ireland are qualified for this and parents will receive this (usually mothers). So, the question is if a mother received Child Benefit, will this have a negative impact on to her Citizenship Application?
what I meant is that on several stamps there is a condition that you "must not have recourse to public funds"
so id hope as long as you're following all necessary rules and conditions itll be fine!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:34 am

Only means-tested benefits will affect citizenship applications. Universal benefits and PRSI benefits won’t.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:59 am

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:34 am
Only means-tested benefits will affect citizenship applications. Universal benefits and PRSI benefits won’t.
Where is this stated?

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:08 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:34 am
And further on, how it would it affect the application? I think this would be very interesting for people to know.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:18 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:13 am
NF13 wrote:
mads32 wrote:

I am not sure where are you seeing that but the first item in the table is P60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments. There is no "Letter from Employment" as such in that table.

It says Letter from Employment in the form only under " If your application is based on marriage to or being the civil partner of an Irish citizen" but not in the other categories. That is very confusing.

Letter from Employment and Employment Detail Summary is the same thing - Both confirms your employment from/to and salary, etc.

liminal
Newly Registered

Post by liminal » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 pm

NF13 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:18 pm
juanpurple wrote:
NF13 wrote:
mads32 wrote:

Letter from Employment and Employment Detail Summary is the same thing - Both confirms your employment from/to and salary, etc.
Employment Detail Summary is an end of year report of employment and taxes for PAYE employees which you can access through the revenue myAccount. I doubt a letter from an employer would be accepted for this purpose. It seems they're trying to streamline the process by only allowing official tax documents which can be easily checked and referenced rather than accepting a letter then needing to spend time to verify it's authenticity.

P60 + bank statements + rent is great, if you're a PAYE employee, who uses their card to pay for items at point of sale at least 3 times each month, and has leased an entire home with their name on the tenancy agreement which has been registered with the RTB.
If you do most of your shopping online (requirement is card must be presented at physical POS), and rent a room from a homeowner (no requirement to register the tenancy with RTB) you're bang out of luck with getting those points.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:28 pm

liminal wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 pm
NF13 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:18 pm
juanpurple wrote:
NF13 wrote:
mads32 wrote:

Employment Detail Summary is an end of year report of employment and taxes for PAYE employees which you can access through the revenue myAccount. I doubt a letter from an employer would be accepted for this purpose. It seems they're trying to streamline the process by only allowing official tax documents which can be easily checked and referenced rather than accepting a letter then needing to spend time to verify it's authenticity.

P60 + bank statements + rent is great, if you're a PAYE employee, who uses their card to pay for items at point of sale at least 3 times each month, and has leased an entire home with their name on the tenancy agreement which has been registered with the RTB.
If you do most of your shopping online (requirement is card must be presented at physical POS), and rent a room from a homeowner (no requirement to register the tenancy with RTB) you're bang out of luck with getting those points.
Even if you rent a room with a homeowner you must have a contract - if not just create one with the homeowner, problem solved. You do not have to be registered with RTB.

PAYE or not you are still registered somewhere be in on revenue.ie/ my welfare etc...You must have a PPS. If you are illegal resident then thats a different story.

It does not matter if you home shopping paying online. They asking for bank statements to see your transaction activities on your bank statements and maybe your salary also.