ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa Financial sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonasoft
Newly Registered

Student visa Financial sponsor

Post by moonasoft » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:12 pm

Hello all,

I am in process of applying for a student visa at one of UK leading university, I am currently in Pakistan. My financial sponsor is my brother who lives in the UK.

My full fees will be paid upfront to the university by my brother.

Now for the bank statement can I use my brothers UK bank statement when making the visa application in Pakistan. This statement will be used for proof of funds available required for living expenses? Or is their any rule that stops me from using my brother as a financial sponsor instead of parents.

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Student visa Financial sponsor

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 pm

The financial support has to come from parents or legal guardians, no other relatives.
One solution: Your brother pays the 1st year fee now and your CAS will be updated and you will no longer to show funds needed for the fee. As for maintenance, borrow money and save under your name or parents for 28 days.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.