ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-applying for British Citizenship after 10 yr ban

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gruffalo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re-applying for British Citizenship after 10 yr ban

Post by Gruffalo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:44 am

Good morning all

Wondering if someone can advise me or point me in the right direction please.
Below details and sequence of events.

* Have been in UK for nearly 24 years
* Held ILR for (roughly) 15 years
* In 2012 I applied for a british passport and was refused due to not declaring a driving offence in 2007 - (a genuine mistake I completely forgot to mention (driving with expired insurance) ).
* Handed a 10 year ban for deception and failure of a good character :/ to which I bit the bullet, accepted my mistake and did my time (Again, I genuinely did not realise that my car insurance had ran out)

* I was young and naive when I filled in my application in 2012, no professional support on the questions and neither did I understand the consequences of a small mistake.[/i][/i]

Now that 10 years have passed, I am wishing to reapply again and need some advice please.

I was refused on grounds that I failed a good character reference, for the last couple of years this is an area I have been working in -

* volunteering with local community scouts
* deliver food parcels to vulnerable people during lockdown (for local authority)
* NHS volunteer in vaccination centre

Since 2012 I have only had 1 speeding ticket in 2018, which I was given points and a fine (now settled) - no other offences at all.
I have always worked full time and have excellent credit (if that is considered at all)

This issue with the passport refusal has been a huge set back in my life, being deprived of an identity for the country I grew up in and the country I love because of a genuine mistake which I have paid the price for has had a big impact on me mentally and physically.

I am really nervous about applying again and I am unsure if I have a strong case and what else I should do to maximise the chances of being granted citizenship.

Is there anything else anyone can advise me to do?

Really appreciate your advise on this guys

allain

Re: Re-applying for British Citizenship after 10 yr ban

Post by allain » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:32 am

thanks very much for pointing this out, i was about to apply as well, i have received a few
"Conditional offer of fixed penalty"
they are for offences like seat belts etc,
but i lost track/record of them,

anyone knows how to retrieve them?

allain

Post by allain » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:33 am

they were out of court

Gruffalo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gruffalo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 am

Hi Allain

I think as long as you declare them in your application it should be fine?!
My issue is that I forgot to mention mine on the initial application and therefore deemed it as deception.

I may be wrong but a simple DBS may bring up your previous records? maybe...

Gruffalo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gruffalo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 am

Hoping some of the moderators can shed a light on this? please :)

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:02 pm

There's nothing anyone can tell you here other than 'make sure that the 10 years have passed and then re-apply'.

This time make sure that you tell them everything. The process has changed since 2012. You will be doing everything online. You get given an option to include a 'covering letter' with your application and upload it along with your other documents.

Make sure to write a good covering letter and submit it with your application.

allain

Post by allain » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:10 pm

Gruffalo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 am
Hi Allain

I think as long as you declare them in your application it should be fine?!
My issue is that I forgot to mention mine on the initial application and therefore deemed it as deception.

I may be wrong but a simple DBS may bring up your previous records? maybe...
thanks mate, i actually have lost those letter from police, but all of them were out of court, as i use to work as courier I received so many.
can i ask if your's were out of court?
and how to get details of those FPNs? if anyone can help