ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which 'system' do you think will be used? (New scorecard)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nala2021
Greece

Which 'system' do you think will be used? (New scorecard)

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:12 pm

I am just wondering, if someone has applied with the 6.2 Nov 20 form (and so provided the paperwork needed for that particular application as read in the guidance notes), will the department use the 'old' way of assessment for that application, or will they apply the 'new' one with the scorecard (published along the appropriate new version of the form, which is 6.3 Dec 2021)? :?: :?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Which 'system' do you think will be used? (New scorecard)

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:40 pm

If your application was submitted before 1 Jan, you will be using the old system (although they may still request additional documents from you as part of the application process).
If you submitted your application after 1 Jan, you need to follow the scorecard approach.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:00 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:40 pm
If your application was submitted before 1 Jan, you will be using the old system (although they may still request additional documents from you as part of the application process).
If you submitted your application after 1 Jan, you need to follow the scorecard approach.
Hello littlerr,

thank you for replying. Yes, I get the system that I would use - I sent off my application in November 2021, and so I used the 'old' system.

My query is more conversational if you like, and I am wondering what people in the forum think about how the department itself will handle applications that they had on hand before the 1st of January 2022 - with the old way, or with the scorecard approach?

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:00 pm

As he mentioned and it's depend on person who deals your file. They could ask u anything during application and if u can provide them thats fine if u can't then u just show them that u did put effort to obtain the documents but u couldn't get it and it can be plenty of reasons.

In general some time they ask u completely unrelated document and we provide them. Even if they ask u to make new application.
System is sweet(no system is not Sweet. Lol u know what I mean) cause we treat them like they gona right your destiny.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:11 pm

I'd hope there'd be more good than bad in a new system when it'll be completely in operation, as people aiming for citizenship will know exactly what kind of documents they need and, possibly, there will be a more straightforward approach in calculating proofs of residence, which is open to the public. There are specific cases such as young adult left out which is an issue, but I hope that'll be fixed soon.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:27 am

Honestly I think this new system so far looks worse to be honest. We applied for my husband last year in September but so far haven't got an application number back yet. Based on the old system I would have sent them enough documents (3 proofs for each of the 3 years claimed). But according to the new scorecard what I've sent wont total up to 150 as the insurance only counts for 10 points. But it was correct at the time when we applied. We literally wont be able to meet 150 points in one of the years now because we were living with my parents while saving for a house and all bills were in their names and obviously we had no rental or mortgage agreement. I can still provide 3 proofs for the year, but they don't add up to 150 according to this new scorecard.

Also how come mortgage statement requires 12 months but rent only requires 6 months??? So the mortgage statement for the year we bought our house and also the year we sent in the application wont count now because we applied in September so that's only 9 months, but if I was renting it would count??? :?

ashdublin
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashdublin » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:26 pm

In some applications, the application number is issued very late.
In my case, I had applied in Feb 2019 and got the application number in Aug 2019.
Don't know what was the reason?

Current status of an application - Application approved and waiting for a naturalization certificate