ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor visa - Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam_in_uk11
Newly Registered
India

UK Visitor visa - Questions

Post by sam_in_uk11 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Hi there,
I'm applying for UK visitor visa for my mother in law who is over 65 years of age.

- Is sponsorship a requirement for her visitor visa? If yes, do I need to provide my(sponsor) bank statement? If so, for last 1-2 months or for longer time?

-Is there a minimum account balance (GBP) required for sponsor?

I thought 6 month statement is required for applicant but wanted to confirm if this applies to sponsor too?

-What is the difference between 6 month, 2 year, 5 year UK visitor visas? Does 6 month visa allows for only 1 time entry for 6 months?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visitor visa - Questions

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Sponsor is only required if the applicant does not have enough fund to cover the cost of proposed visit. If that's the case, the sponsor's bank statement can be used as an evidence and the balance shall cover the total cost of the proposed visit (as stated on application form) plus sponsor's expenses to support themselves and their dependants during the visit. It is recommended to have higher balance than this minimum requirement. There is no requirement on statement period. You may provide 1, 3, 6 months as you wish.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sam_in_uk11
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Visitor visa - Questions

Post by sam_in_uk11 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:35 am

This is great info. Thanks