ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa ILR application after 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa ILR application after 5 years

Post by Poppy2020 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:52 pm

Hi
I am a British citizen. My husband is here on a spouse visa and will have been here for 5 years in July 2022. He will then apply for his ILR. We have a 2 year old little boy

My question are regrading the Financial aspect. I work part time and my husband has worked full time but form this month he will work part time but still hope to fulfill the £18600 between us.

1. If his salary is less and we are below the £18600 can we use savings as well as both our salaries and if so how do we calculate how much savings are needed ie what is the formula to work this out
2. We are planning a long awaited trip abroad in this Feb to visit relatives -I will get paid leave but my husband will have no salary for 1 month out of the 6 months required to show wage slips and bank statements as he has only started the job this month so not eligible for paid leave yet.. If he has zero salary for 1 month out of 6 how will this impact the application?

Any advice will be appreciated. Many Thanks

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (Spouse) - 5 year route question

Post by Poppy2020 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 pm

Hello
My husband is here on a spouse visa. He entered UK in July 2017. he applied for his 2.5 year extension in Feb 2020 ie within the correct time. However we had a very long wait for his extension to be granted and it took 16 months altogether and he didn't receive his new BRP card until August 2021.

As he came to the UK in July 2017, his 5 years would be this July 2022. However the date on his card is i2024 ie they started his 2.5 year extension from the date they sent him his new card and not form the date he applied for the extension. He immediately emailed back stating the date on the card is incorrect but still have no reply and we are confused now as to when he can or should apply for his ILR.

If the date on his card is saying April 2024 even though this is well over the 5 years since entering the UK when can he apply for his ILR? Can he apply anytime between 5 years since entering the UK and the expiry date on his card?

I hope this makes sense. Any firm guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa ILR application after 5 years

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:57 pm

Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

If your husband changes employers, then he must apply under category B. Savings can be used (see the guide)

The qualifying period 5 years for ILR under the spouse visa route starts from the first date of entry to the UK. You can apply for ILR within 28 days of completing the 5 years :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice