ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Address amend or leave as it is

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bela2306
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change of Address amend or leave as it is

Post by Bela2306 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:45 pm

My citizenship application is about to turn 6 months. Meaning, a result is imminent.

I just moved out from my previous address, the one that is on the application, and decided to let the Home Office know. They replied almost instantly asking for 2 proof of address to be sent in two weeks, by the 27 January. Also stating that my application may be refused if I don’t send these docs by the specified date.

I am still sort of getting settled and have nothing in my name quite yet. Perhaps the tenancy contract? What shall I do? I’m worried now I’ve messed up everything.

Suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Shall I ask them to keep the address as it is, since I still have access to my previous building to get all correspondence - Or they would think is dodgy of me requesting to change the address then going back on my decision?

Many thanks.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Change of Address amend or leave as it is

Post by mesn » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Bela2306 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:45 pm
My citizenship application is about to turn 6 months. Meaning, a result is imminent.

I just moved out from my previous address, the one that is on the application, and decided to let the Home Office know. They replied almost instantly asking for 2 proof of address to be sent in two weeks, by the 27 January. Also stating that my application may be refused if I don’t send these docs by the specified date.

I am still sort of getting settled and have nothing in my name quite yet. Perhaps the tenancy contract? What shall I do? I’m worried now I’ve messed up everything.

Shall I ask them to keep the address as it is, since I still have access to my previous building to get all correspondence - Or they would think is dodgy of me requesting to change the address then going back on my decision?

Many thanks.
You cant go back on your update. Better to provide tenancy agreement and a bank statement may be. You are able to update the address online.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Bela2306
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bela2306 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Thank you for your help.

I did explain that I have just moved in and haven’t got quite yet these bills in my name, sent the tenancy agreement but they haven’t replied to me yet.

Where online I can update my address? I didn’t know that. Is it in the UKVCAS website, where I submitted all docs?

Thank you again

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Bela2306 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 pm
Thank you for your help.

I did explain that I have just moved in and haven’t got quite yet these bills in my name, sent the tenancy agreement but they haven’t replied to me yet.

Where online I can update my address? I didn’t know that. Is it in the UKVCAS website, where I submitted all docs?

Thank you again
Do check but think its here : https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Bela2306 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:45 pm

Many thanks.
You can change the address in your bank and request a copy of a statement to be sent, if you need another proof.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Bela2306
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bela2306 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:32 pm

Well, in that case, I’ll update my address on the above link then - since it only asks for 1 proof of address. Plus, tenancy agreement is accepted.

I’ll then let the CT2 officer know that I updated it using the official link.

They’re asking for 2 docs instead.

Let’s see. Thank you nonetheless.