ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration -- need marriage certificate if divorced?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rehowarth
Newly Registered
United States of America

Foreign Birth Registration -- need marriage certificate if divorced?

Post by rehowarth » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:55 am

I am helping my mom apply for Irish citizenship. She has been married and divorced, so her current surname matches the one on her birth certificate. For this reason, I did not order a copy of her marriage certificate to submit with her FBR application. Is this a mistake? I don't know what use it would be, but don't want to omit it if her application will be rejected.

The instructions say to include it 'if married'/'if applicable', which I would interpret as "include if currently married/a name change causes current name to differ from birth name. Is that correct?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration -- need marriage certificate if divorced?

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm

Not involved with FBR in any way, but I'd assume (and hope) you're right. ISD doesn't need to know your mother's marriages, as I assume they are not playing a role.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.