ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to Work Website after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wootme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right to Work Website after naturalisation

Post by wootme » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:32 am

Hey guys,

After over 6 months I got my citizenship done. Yay? I was part of the late May/June batch that seemed to have a lot of delays.

Anyway, after I returned my BRP, using signed for and tracked, I checked Royal Mail and noticed that the letter hasn't had any status update after I dropped it at the post office (I got evidence of posting from them just in case).

I then remembered the Right to Work website (which can be used to prove your status to employers)

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Using that site and the BRP that I cut in half and posted back, I can still see my status there. Is this right?

Has anyone else that went from ILR BRP to citizenship checked this service using their ILR card details and have the same result?

I thought that HO was meant to delete your biometrics (which should include your BRP details) once you become a citizen?