ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of a British Child 10 year route final extension to 5 year parent route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vini81
Brazil

Parent of a British Child 10 year route final extension to 5 year parent route

Post by Vini81 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 pm

I would appreciate if anyone can help me out.

I'm about to go for our first extension on a 10 year route parent on private life. Our daughter was born in the UK and we applied 2.5 years ago for leave to remain under the 7 year residency. I have read I could try to switch from 10 years to 5 years and my question would be if for being a parent, am I exempt from proving minimum income?(I've also read this on HO website guidance but I am not sure if this would only apply for parents of a British child?)

I have just applied for British Citizenship for my daughter as she has spent over 10 years in the UK since she was born so she is isn't a British citizen yet as is included in our FLP FP visa.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parent of a British Child 10 year route final extension to 5 year parent route

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:27 pm

The 5 year route has financial requirements that need to be met.

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics, it is considered rude.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verbina
Russia

Re: Parent of a British Child 10 year route final extension to 5 year parent route

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:48 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 pm

I'm about to go for our first extension on a 10 year route parent on private life. Our daughter was born in the UK and we applied 2.5 years ago for leave to remain under the 7 year residency. I have read I could try to switch from 10 years to 5 years and my question would be if for being a parent, am I exempt from proving minimum income?(I've also read this on HO website guidance but I am not sure if this would only apply for parents of a British child?)

I have just applied for British Citizenship for my daughter as she has spent over 10 years in the UK since she was born so she is isn't a British citizen yet as is included in our FLP FP visa.

Best regards
There is no income threshold for parent of British Child visa. And yes, you can switch to 5 year route provided that you meet the criteria.
My solicitor advised me strongly to do so at the time of my first extension, but I, for some reason, got freaked out and declined, choosing to go 'slow and safe' and here I am- 7. 5 years in bricking it that my British child is too old 😅
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Vini81 wrote:

Best regards

Financial requirements
"E-LTRPT.4.1. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds, unless paragraph EX.1. applies.

E-LTRPT.4.2. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively, unless paragraph EX.1. applies: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-

(a) it is, or will be, overcrowded; or
(b) it contravenes public health regulations."
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm
Vini81 wrote:

Best regards

Financial requirements
"E-LTRPT.4.1. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds, unless paragraph EX.1. applies.

E-LTRPT.4.2. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively, unless paragraph EX.1. applies: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-

[/quote]

That's interesting, but I'm sure the same applies for 10 year route. I'm self-employed sole trader and had to provide my accountant's written letter, confirming my income and latest tax return from Hmrc, as well as my tenancy agreement.

However there isn't a specific income threshold as long as one can demonstrate they can maintain themselves (and their child obv) comfortably.

Is there a different criteria for 5 year route then? Other than being within immigration rules ie legally?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:28 am

verbina wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:47 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 pm
Vini81 wrote:

Best regards

Financial requirements

That's interesting, but I'm sure the same applies for 10 year route. I'm self-employed sole trader and had to provide my accountant's written letter, confirming my income and latest tax return from Hmrc, as well as my tenancy agreement.

However there isn't a specific income threshold as long as one can demonstrate they can maintain themselves (and their child obv) comfortably.

Is there a different criteria for 5 year route then? Other than being within immigration rules ie legally?
[/quote]

This is mainly for those applying under the 5 years route while the 10 years routes has no specific amount to maintenance themselves because it is looked under exceptional circumstances through Ex1 & Ex2

See Adequate maintenance
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 am

@TODMATT Thank you so much for clarifying this! 🙏

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm

My apologies.

I only did so because I cannot find out how to post(create) my own topic.

Thank you for claryfying the above regarding financial requiremnets.

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:27 pm
The 5 year route has financial requirements that need to be met.

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics, it is considered rude.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Thank you