ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed received ceremony invitation from Council

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

help needed received ceremony invitation from Council

Post by Evicra » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:13 pm

Dear Gurus and All
my mrs applied for citizenship about 8 months ago. About 3 days ago she received ceremony booking invitation letter from council. she requested to book but then they replied ,they need email or letter form home office in order to book citizenship ceremony and they told her certificate has time till 28/04/2022 . But i have received no email or letter from home office.
i sent them email and also called them but apart form generic reply i got nothing . What should i do in this scenario thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: help needed received ceremony invitation from Council

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:12 pm

As far as I know, yor council cannot do anything until they receive documentation from Home Office, so something in this direction should be done. Take a look here, maybe it'll be helpful.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Samuel2015
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Samuel2015 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi there

My wife is in the same position as you. Received phone call from Council stating that they had her naturalization certificate for some time now and are wondering why she has not booked ceremony. She applied online in June 21 and heard nothing from UKVI. We emailed them twice but no response.

Did you get any response from them?

Andy

Samuel2015
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Samuel2015 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi there

My wife is in the same position as you. Received phone call from Council stating that they had her naturalization certificate for some time now and are wondering why she has not booked ceremony. She applied online in June 21 and heard nothing from UKVI. We emailed them twice but no response.

Did you get any response from them?

Andy