ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR Covering letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Giri

LTR Covering letter

Post by Giri » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi,

Anyone can advise me on the covering letter to be attached while applying LTR.
1. What are the details are to be included in the letter?
2. Do I need to attach all the pages of my passport?

Regards

GIRI

mendo

Post by mendo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 pm

To: Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
Immigration Division
Floor 3
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

Dublin, 1th April 2006

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is a request for long-term residence permission, five-year residency extension and to be exempt from employment permit requirements, as specified in your Immigration Leaflet No. 2, article 7, paragraph 1 (page 5).

My name is XXXX and I live in YYYYY. I am an ZZZZZ national, living in Ireland from 1st of March 2001, as a work permit bearer first with XXXX Recruitment Ltd., as an Interpreter (March 1st 2001 ??? November 2001) and then with XXXX Ltd., as an Interpreter ( November 2001 ??? present) (P.P.S. No: XXXXX).

You will see from the attached documents that I was all the time legally in the Republic and I do have a clear employment status and I pay all the taxes.

Attached are the following documents:
- copies of my actual and previous passports; ?????????
- copies of my actual green card and of my social service card;
- copies of my work permits (2001-2006);
- copies of the birth certificate;
- copies of the income tax documents;

You can get references about me from Mr XXX, Director of XXXX Recruitment Ltd., telephone: 087 XXX or Mr XXXXX, Managing Director of XXXX Ltd., telephone 01 671 XXXX, facsimile: 01 679 xxxx.
Should you require any further information, please don not hesitate to contact me at 01-671 XXXX (business hours), 01-yyyyyy (home telephone, after 7 pm) or on my mobile 087 xxxxxx.

Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance.
Yours faithfully,
VVVVVVVVV
________
FIRST GENERATION SUBARU LEGACY
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendo

Post by mendo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:56 pm

The format of the letter above was used by me in 2005 and by my wife in 2006.

I got the model from a guy who told me about the 5 years LTR, back in 2004, when there was no info about this scheme.

I was very grateful to him because it saved me time and hassle since August 2005, having the LTR.

When I applied it took them week to approve it and there was no need for any PPC, but this is history know.
Only God knows how long it would take to someone applying today to get his LTR.
The Justice minister, mentioned in one of the Dail questions, that the request for LTR is put on hold if someone applied for naturalization as well.
A very stupid thing, as someone can qualify for LTR and might not qualify for naturalization (for naturalization you need the fifth year, the year before the application to have been continuously resident for the entire year with no gaps).

But I would still apply for both LTR and naturalization anyway.

Regards,

Mendo

P.S
Yes do attach a copy of all the pages of your passport, you never know what i***t in DOJ won't accept your application because of this.
My wife was refused recognition of residence for one year (2001) because the GNIB stamp on one page was faded (the GNIB officer didn't stamp it properly and the date is barely visible) and I had to use a color scanner on high definition setting to get a reasonable good copy of that page.
When you only have five years in total, to get rejected for missing one year is not something pleasant.
________
Lexus Gx Specifications
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giri

Post by Giri » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Mendo,

Thanks for your detailed advise. These details will be more helpful for me. I appreciate your help.

GIRI