ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When will I be eligible for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

When will I be eligible for ILR

Post by kamsi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 pm

I’ll not be eligible for ILR through Long Residence route until some time next year but trying to work out which month.

In a letter dated 7th May 2013 I was informed by the Home Office that I had been granted limited leave to remain under the 10 year route to settlement (this was following the July 2012 changes to the immigration rule) and was advised to provide biometrics. After providing biometrics the BRP card was received some time in June 2012.

Am I right in thinking that I would become eligible to apply for ILR anytime from 28 days before 7th May 2012 which was the date the letter was dated?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: When will I be eligible for ILR

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 am

kamsi wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 pm
I’ll not be eligible for ILR through Long Residence route until some time next year but trying to work out which month.

In a letter dated 7th May 2013 I was informed by the Home Office that I had been granted limited leave to remain under the 10 year route to settlement (this was following the July 2012 changes to the immigration rule) and was advised to provide biometrics. After providing biometrics the BRP card was received some time in June 2012.

Am I right in thinking that I would become eligible to apply for ILR anytime from 28 days before 7th May 2012 which was the date the letter was dated?
I will be more inclined to considering the eligibility from the date the first BRP was issued to be safer

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When will I be eligible for ILR

Post by kamsi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Thanks