ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Application for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wajihab
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Date of Application for naturalisation

Post by wajihab » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:34 am

Hi all

I have to apply for naturalization and my 12 months will finish on 8th March. I saw a post on ILR topics that you can submit the application before the said date as the application date is when you submit the biometrics. I am a bit confused, can I make an online application before March 8 and book an appointment after March 8. I want to make an application asap as last time for my ILR I got an appointment very late and had to get a paid appointment. Any insights and experience will be helpful.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Date of Application for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 am

You must complete the 12 months wait period (it's possible to start a draft of the application before that).
The date of application is the date you submit/pay online, NOT the biometrics appointment.
Note that ILR is part of immigration regulations, whereas naturalisation has it's own regulations under the British Nationality Act.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.