ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI documents / Housewife/ Name change

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmd
Newly Registered
India

OCI documents / Housewife/ Name change

Post by nmd » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi,

I'll be really grateful if somebody could answer these questions for me. When I went for my 'surrender' appointment I realised I had done a few mistakes and was asked by the staff to be cautious about the OCI application/documents.

I'll be applying for a fresh OCI. I have now taken my husband's surname. My current UK passport, utility bills, bank statements, etc have my new surname. My naturalisation certificate, Indian passport surrender certificate and old Indian passport have my maiden name. Here are my questions:

Change of name:
- Is the notarised copy of my marriage certificate enough? My marriage certificate is from the UK.
- Do I need any document like a deed poll to show the name change? If yes then is the one signed by 1 witness enough? Or do I need to get one from the solicitor?

Proof of employment:
- I'm a housewife for the past 3.5 years. What documents should I submit for this?

Thanks for your help.

nmd
Newly Registered
India

Re: OCI documents / Housewife/ Name change

Post by nmd » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Does anyone have any idea about the questions I have? I have tried reaching the HCI London numbers and email and not getting any response.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:50 am

Hi there
Did you manage to get any answer I am having the same questions

nmd
Newly Registered
India

Post by nmd » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi,

I didn't get any response here. But looking at old posts it looks like I need to submit 3 months bank statements for proof of employment.

Also I read somewhere that a notarised deed poll was used to show name change.

I'll be doing the same and see if it works.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:48 pm

I have pay slips for proof of employment and I have requested a letter as well to my HR

I have marriage certificate from India do I still require deed pool?