ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Accommodation LONDON

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Peter Kartalov
Newly Registered

Temporary Accommodation LONDON

Post by Peter Kartalov » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi all,
I currently live in New York and I am planning on coming to live in London at the end of the year. I do not have any friends there so I am trying to think of an accommodation. The way I see things:
1. I must find some kind of temporary(for a week or as long as it takes to find a flat once in London) accommodation prior to arriving. What's the best way to do so?
2. Then I gotta look for a permanent flat to rent. Not intertested in flat share for a long term.

Do you thik this is a reasonable and doable approach?
What should I know about renting a flat for a year or more? Do I need to have bank account, recommendations from my last landlord? Any "heads up" highly appreciated!!!

About getting a temporary accommodation-any specific ideas, locations?
Thanx a lot everyone!
Regards,
Peter

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:38 pm

Peter, temporary accommodation for a week or so? To me that sounds like a hotel! Or Bed & Breakfast. Both of which you could probably book online.

Of course you can get a good idea of the flat market online, even while you are still in the States. Use a website such as www.rightmove.co.uk .
John

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 pm

BTW,
To get entry clearance you generally have to show confirmed accomodation for at least two weeks. A confirmed hotel reservation generally seems to work.