ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS dependant visa extension when main applicant gets his ILR recently

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramdas1231982
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 PBS dependant visa extension when main applicant gets his ILR recently

Post by ramdas1231982 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 am

Details (See later for summary):
I was on a Tier-2 (Skilled Worker) General Visa, sponsored by Employer-1 since 2016. In 2019, I applied and brought my spouse to the UK on PBS Dependant Visa.

In 2021 however, it was 5 years since I was in the UK on Tier-2 General, so I applied for ILR and got it. Consequently I now have a settled status since. The Home Office rules however allow the spouse to continue on their current Tier-2 Dependant visa even though the partner (myself) has changed to ILR. So my spouse continues to hold the PBS (Tier-2) Dependant visa, which will expire shortly in Feb 2022.

In summary, the situation now is:
- I am on ILR (settled status)

- My spouse is on PBS (Skilled Worker/Tier-2) Dependant visa based off my previous Tier-2 General Visa. Spouse's Dependant Visa is about to expire on Feb 2022.

- My spouse 1st came to the UK in 2019, so it's 2 years and some months they have been in the UK. So my spouse still has 3 years to apply for ILR.

- In the meantime their current Tier-2 Dependant visa is expiring on Feb 2022

Questions:

1. Application Form asking : Does Partner already have their Skilled worker visa? YES/ NO. (I am holding ILR)
2. I can give my ILR expire date or from today 3years date I can put ?

raheem_ehsan
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 PBS dependant visa extension when main applicant gets his ILR recently

Post by raheem_ehsan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:31 am

Dear,

Would you please update us how did it go with the application. I am on the same boat now as you were recently. It would be greatly appreciated if you can let us know the answers to the questions you asked earlier.
Further, did you have to show the maintenance of funds in account?

Thanks and regards,

Raheem