ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps for BC Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ancestor
South Africa

Steps for BC Application

Post by Ancestor » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Hi all, hello CR001, a while since been able to get back on this fantastic site :) ,

I am assisting my daughter with her BC Application , finally after 3 yrs Student, 5 yrs Sponsored Work and 1 yr ILR. I did my wife’s and my BC Applications end of 2018, and can see that things have moved on and changed since.
To this end, would appreciate if a learned member could confirm my understanding of current process that I have understood from my research here on the board, please:-

Step 1: Accumulate all necessary documents, enquire of and get details of 2 Referee’s, both professional and BC.

Step 2: Complete Online Application with all details etc., pay fee and submit application via UKVI online, day after qualification period complete.

Step 3: After payment? or submission? Click on Book Appointment Link to create a UKVCAS account to upload copies of all needed documents and book appointment within 45? days.

Step 4: Do you do Biometrics at the same booked appointment? or are these done before appointment? (When wife and I did, we did Biometrics at a Post office?) Do Biometrics get done again even if daughter has a Biometric Card already is my understanding?

Step 5: After favourable decision, and attending Citizenship Ceremony, only then apply for British Passport online.

If somebody can confirm or advise otherwise, would appreciate.

Cheers

Ancestor

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Steps for BC Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Step 1: Accumulate all necessary documents, enquire of and get details of 2 Referee’s, both professional and BC.
Good plan! There's only a minimum of documents required.

Step 2: Complete Online Application with all details etc., pay fee and submit application via UKVI online, day after qualification period complete.
OK.

Step 3: After payment? or submission? Click on Book Appointment Link to create a UKVCAS account to upload copies of all needed documents and book appointment within 45? days.
Submission/online payment done at the same time. Then as you say.

Step 4: Do you do Biometrics at the same booked appointment? or are these done before appointment? (When wife and I did, we did Biometrics at a Post office?) Do Biometrics get done again even if daughter has a Biometric Card already is my understanding?
The UKVCAS appointment is for the biometrics - the Post Office doesn't do them anymore. For each new application a new set of biometrics is required.

Step 5: After favourable decision, and attending Citizenship Ceremony, only then apply for British Passport online.
Correct. You can only apply for the passport once you are British (unlike the old JCAP process).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:23 pm

Thank you @alterhase58 , appreciated.

Ancestor
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Good plan! There's only a minimum of documents required.

OK.

Submission/online payment done at the same time. Then as you say.

The UKVCAS appointment is for the biometrics - the Post Office doesn't do them anymore. For each new application a new set of biometrics is required.

Correct. You can only apply for the passport once you are British (unlike the old JCAP process).

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi @alterhase58,

Question please, helping my daughter complete her online British Citizenship Application.

My wife and I as parents, both have South African Nationality as born in SA, and both now already have our British Citizenship.

Where it asks for parents details, I presume we put our "Country of nationality" as being South African I would expect, as specifically asks "Country of nationality" being different to our British Citizenship?

Cheers and thanks

Ancestor

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:29 pm

And presume where asks "Have they always had the same nationality?" the answer would be Yes.