ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse refused to sign Section 15A form of citizenship application form.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abemeritus101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Spouse refused to sign Section 15A form of citizenship application form.

Post by abemeritus101 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Hello all.
Please I need a suggestion.
Am none EU national got married to Irish lady , the marriage is blessed
with 2kids and we are leaving together. We are married for 3 year, now I
want to apply for Irish Citizenship my wife refused to go with me to Garda
station to sign the Section 15A in the application form because of little
argument between us.and there they mentioned that I need to go to Garda
station with my Irish spouse to sign it in present of Garda.
Please what should I do because she had sworn she will not sign it and I
can't apply for the citizenship if she did not sign it

I need advice on what to do .

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Spouse refused to sign Section 15A form of citizenship application form.

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:30 pm

Well as you can't force her to do something she is not willing to do. You can apply to citizenship by naturalization which takes 5 years of residence in Ireland.

Or are you asking for suggestions about how to force your wife to sign it? Or do it without her help? You will need her signature if you want to get citizenship by marriage of course.

abemeritus101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by abemeritus101 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:33 pm

I can't force her to what she doesn't want to do. She want me to pay her before she do it.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:13 pm

Your frustration is evident, but I think this is not the right place to really get information and support on this, as it sounds like a domestic situation really. If you're saying the truth, and your partner is refusing to sign as retaliation for a 'little argument', it sounds worrying. If it is true that she is asking for money for the act of signing, that is even worse. Either get legal advice on your situation, or apply in another 2 years as an individual.
Last edited by Nala2021 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

abemeritus101 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:33 pm
I can't force her to what she doesn't want to do. She want me to pay her before she do it.
Seek counselling services, you have much bigger issues that just not being able to complete the application. This is irrelevant to this forum.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:21 am

As other people have mentioned, your points don't really add up. If it's a 'little argument' surely it will go away in a day or two.

And also just a comment on you asking her to go to the Garda station to sign the application - that's completely incorrect. Gardai cannot act as a witness to your citizenship application.

Jumbo Breakfast Role
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Jumbo Breakfast Role » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:22 pm

abemeritus101 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:27 pm
Hello all.
Please I need a suggestion.
Am none EU national got married to Irish lady , the marriage is blessed
with 2kids and we are leaving together. We are married for 3 year, now I
want to apply for Irish Citizenship my wife refused to go with me to Garda
station to sign the Section 15A in the application form because of little
argument between us.and there they mentioned that I need to go to Garda
station with my Irish spouse to sign it in present of Garda.
Please what should I do because she had sworn she will not sign it and I
can't apply for the citizenship if she did not sign it

I need advice on what to do .
Married to an Irish National for 3 years and you have 2 children - Presumingly also Irish Citizen

The advantage of being Married to an Irish citizen might included the fact that IF you have lived with the Irish Citizen IN IRELAND for 3 years, that would shorten the time required to apply for citizenship, which is normally 5 years.

If you want to apply within 3 years of lawful residence, you are making the case based on the marriage, and you need her assistance ie to sign the document .

If there are problems, wait until you patch things up. Nagging her about it will give her the wrong idea. (One is assuming the argument etc is not related to the citizenship / immigration case)

Otherwise , wait for the 5th year. (even then you will need to prove HOW you had stamp 4 for all of this time ie proof that you lived with wife - but she won't have to sign it )

Do you need to go to the Gardaí to get it signed? Can this not be done before a Commissioner for Oath or Practicing solicitor?

Jumbo Breakfast Role
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Jumbo Breakfast Role » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:27 pm

abemeritus101 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:33 pm
No offence, but this sounds extremely dodgy and questionable - worse since ye have children together.

This is not the type of behaviour that would be expected from a spouse

I am not sure you should give in and pay her for this. This could back fire later if she makes claims that her signature was brought about by bribery or pressure. It really speaks volumes as to what she thinks of the relationship , I am afraid. Sorry to say that . I hope this attitude of hers changes and that the demand for payment was more out of rage in the short term

Just remember, you need to make sure that you can prove that she lives with you and that the marriage is subsisting etc because anything said or say or done that is misleading is an offence and the application will be revoked.

Until things cool down between you two, best to postpone the application

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:39 am

Something very dodgy here. A small argument led to her refusing to sign a document so you can be with her, and to change her mind, she would accept payment. Sound very much like a marriage of convenience.

If you want advice from the board, then maybe be honest about the situation. I don't think anyone believes you that small arguments would stop her from signing, it sounds more like the marriage is on the rocks, if it was even genuine in the first place, but you don't want to go back to your home country.

Are the children yours?