ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone applied for the UKM scheme naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

David3397
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Anyone applied for the UKM scheme naturalization?

Post by David3397 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 pm

The UKM scheme is for non-UK children that should have had citizenship passed to them from their mothers.

My spouse applied in March of 2021 and just managed to get a biometric appt in November. No communications since. Yet I see other naturalization applicants getting approved in weeks?!

I wonder if the UKM scheme is just seriously delayed as its documented to be a 6 month process. Anyone successfully completed their citizenship via this path since COVID started?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone applied for the UKM scheme naturalization?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:38 pm

1. It is important to note that naturalisation and registration via UKM are completely different processes, checks, requirements and rules. You simply cannot compare the two different citizenship routes.

UKM has always taken longer.

Please keep all questions in the existing ukm thread, where delays and approvals are well documented.

british-citizenship/ukm-application-exp ... l#p2052413
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.